My ends...

'Bubbles' is what I've heard family members call them. My Mom always called them bolitas so I automatically blurt that out...

Girl - I'm in the HOOD hood. There's just a buncha hood names...
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
patience said:
[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Anyway--is cutting it off the only way to remedy the situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much. When I was permed, I had this issue once. Basically, they are damaged ends. You NEED to cut them off...otherwise, you're probably going to look like a hot mess. What's your hair care routine? You REALLY need to pay attention to what you did to get to this point so that you won't repeat it...unless of you course, you just like cutting your hair off...

[/ QUOTE ] Er...um... Patience have you taken a look at Supergirl's photo album?
shocked.gif
Her hair is like whoa! It's hard to believe she has any problem with it!
smile.gif

Supergirl, I just thought about another thing that I've done (with my inconsistent self.) I'm actually doing it now again. I've taken that nape hair and even it up...cut it straight across. I love the blunt cut. I always cut my hair straight across. That hair that is shorter underneath, at night I cornrow it across (not too tight) and I moisturize the end of the braid. It helps it get back into shape again (so I can sleep on it without a satin scarf and let it break off again
laugh.gif
) I also braid my hair in the back at night so that it does not get tangled as I sleep. It also allows me to give it special conditioner treatment.

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
'Bubbles' is what I've heard family members call them. My Mom always called them bolitas so I automatically blurt that out...

Girl - I'm in the HOOD hood. There's just a buncha hood names...
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif
Now that I think about it, I think we called them "balls."

Some of our "members" are always rude to relaxed heads no matter what their hair looks like, or what their problem or triumph might be. They think it's productive and that they're insightful and forward thinking. Ignore them.

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
Some of our "members" are always rude to relaxed heads no matter what their hair looks like, or what their problem or triumph might be. They think it's productive and that they're insightful and forward thinking. Ignore them.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif
Tracy, you are so funny! I want to meet you in person sooo bad, you have to come to a DC Meeting or I'm going to have to go to your last NY meeting!
smile.gif

* I was thinking when I read that post have you seen SUPERGIRL'S HAIR!!! She is one of my original hair SHE-ROS along with Adrienne!

I want to meet you too pumpkin girl...
smile.gif

I'm going to be taking some serious chill time this summer and I MAY just be able to make it to DC (I want a weekend of Adam's Morgan infused activities - I plan to stay in a hotel and everything) and when I do I'll DEF let you know I'm coming.

We're already friends. Now I just have to meet you...
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I want to meet you too pumpkin girl...
smile.gif

I'm going to be taking some serious chill time this summer and I MAY just be able to make it to DC (I want a weekend of Adam's Morgan infused activities - I plan to stay in a hotel and everything) and when I do I'll DEF let you know I'm coming.

We're already friends. Now I just have to meet you...
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this is sooo OT, but GIRL if you can make it please come. When I organized the salsa trip it was to a place in Adams Morgan (that had the best Ropa Viejo I have ever tasted), plus they have some great little boutiques around there, too.

Oh yeah and HAIR, people have HAIR in Adams Morgan...
laugh.gif
Sorry trying to get back on topic!
lachen70.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif
Tracy, you are so funny! I want to meet you in person sooo bad, you have to come to a DC Meeting or I'm going to have to go to your last NY meeting!
smile.gif

* I was thinking when I read that post have you seen SUPERGIRL'S HAIR!!! She is one of my original hair SHE-ROS along with Adrienne!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ms. K--

I want to meet Tracy too
trampoline.gif

Aprilbiz,

I guess great minds think alike--I was thinking about braiding that section and leaving it alone
smile.gif
I think making that section even is a great idea--thanks
wink.gif

LOL yes Tracy we call them bubbles /bobbles.
From what I remember wrapping them more than twice gave me weak spots.
They are cute though.

Aprilbiz-
When my hair was down my back...it LOOKED great and healthy too...but it was still damaged. As the saying goes, looks can be deceiving...I should know...I've lived it...

Hmmm Interesting...

My hair is VERY healthy. I deal with it everyday so I should know. I think everyone needs a good trim every once in a while.

By the way--I'd like to see pics from when your hair was "down your back." They're not in your album--just normal length hair.
up.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Hmmm Interesting...

My hair is VERY healthy. I deal with it everyday so I should know. I think everyone needs a good trim every once in a while.

By the way--I'd like to see pics from when your hair was "down your back." They're not in your album--just normal length hair.
up.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We have differing opinions of "healthy" hair. That's cool. As for the pics, why would I take pics of the BACK of me?

I'm sorry, maybe I am mistaken. In your album--it looks as if your hair (when relaxed) was bob-length.

What is bob-length?...the longest I ever let my hair get was about a half inch above my bra strap. When it got there, I cut it because I wanted something different. Like I said, I didn't take pics of the back of me...

What are you sorry or mistaken about?

[ QUOTE ]
patience said:

We have differing opinions of "healthy" hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooh look. Insight.

Bestowed upon us all by the keepers of the gates of health....

To your knees all ye mortals.

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
[ QUOTE ]
patience said:

We have differing opinions of "healthy" hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooh look. Insight.

Bestowed upon us all by the keepers of the gates of health....

To your knees all ye mortals.

[/ QUOTE ]

confused.gif

Oh. Please.

Anyway SG you got this right? I'm going to have lunch. Gald your problem is worked out chica and keep as MUCH of those RACKS of healthy hair as you can.....

Kisses.

lachen70.gif
But, um y'all are gonna get this thread locked up. Now back to ends. I haven't trimmed in 1 year but I never wear my hair down and my ends aren't split but getting a lil thin. Is this going to be a problem for me?

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
Oh. Please.

Anyway SG you got this right? I'm going to have lunch. Gald your problem is worked out chica and keep as MUCH of those RACKS of healthy hair as you can.....

Kisses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks little lady! Enjoy your lunch
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Brooke007 said:
lachen70.gif
But, um y'all are gonna get this thread locked up. Now back to ends. I haven't trimmed in 1 year but I never wear my hair down and my ends aren't split but getting a lil thin. Is this going to be a problem for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well--that's what's going on with me, not split just alittle thin. I'm getting the big trim moreso for appearance and because I'm at my hair goal and feel more comfortable with a big trim. It just hit me recently. It will probably hit you one day and you near or reach your hair goal--you'll just want a nice trim for the appearance. But as far as it being a problem--thin ends shouldn't affect the rest of your hair.

[ QUOTE ]
Brooke007 said:
I haven't trimmed in 1 year but I never wear my hair down and my ends aren't split but getting a lil thin. Is this going to be a problem for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were you, I would trim AT LEAST once a year.
look.gif
I know you said you don't wear it down, but your hair will look so much nicer with a good, blunt trim!!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
I'm sorry, maybe I am mistaken. In your album--it looks as if your hair (when relaxed) was bob-length.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pic dated "April 2002" was when my hair stopped about a half-inch above my bra strap. My hair curled when I let it air dry even when I was relaxed. That pic is of me in my favorite wash-n-go hair style.

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
It will probably hit you one day and you near or reach your hair goal--you'll just want a nice trim for the appearance.

[/ QUOTE ]

SG,
You probably won't even notice if you get an inch or so trimmed from those long tresses or yours!!
wink.gif
It won't even look shorter, it will just look neater.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
It will probably hit you one day and you near or reach your hair goal--you'll just want a nice trim for the appearance.

[/ QUOTE ]

SG,
You probably won't even notice if you get an inch or so trimmed from those long tresses or yours!!
wink.gif
It won't even look shorter, it will just look neater.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup! I'm actually looking forward to it
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
patience said:
My hair curled when I let it air dry even when I was relaxed. That pic is of me in my favorite wash-n-go hair style.

[/ QUOTE ]

Patience, you had a real pretty wash 'n go look goin on!!
up.gif
Did your relaxed hair do that on it's own, or did you use any particular products?? Thanks.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
[ QUOTE ]
patience said:
My hair curled when I let it air dry even when I was relaxed. That pic is of me in my favorite wash-n-go hair style.

[/ QUOTE ]

Patience, you had a real pretty wash 'n go look goin on!!
up.gif
Did your relaxed hair do that on it's own, or did you use any particular products?? Thanks.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! It curled on its own. I'd use Frizz-ease to keep it from getting frizzy but that's it.

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Well--that's what's going on with me, not split just alittle thin. I'm getting the big trim moreso for appearance and because I'm at my hair goal and feel more comfortable with a big trim. It just hit me recently. It will probably hit you one day and you near or reach your hair goal--you'll just want a nice trim for the appearance. But as far as it being a problem--thin ends shouldn't affect the rest of your hair.

[/ QUOTE ] Thanks SG. I actually don't have a goal yet, I want health hair but it doesn't look unhealthy. I think I'll check regularly for split ends and trim as needed but if it's just for appearance sake I guess I'll wait until I get to a point where I'm going to be wearing my hair down.

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
[ QUOTE ]
Brooke007 said:
I haven't trimmed in 1 year but I never wear my hair down and my ends aren't split but getting a lil thin. Is this going to be a problem for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were you, I would trim AT LEAST once a year.
look.gif
I know you said you don't wear it down, but your hair will look so much nicer with a good, blunt trim!!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Thanks Lindy, I'm sure it will look nicer, but I need a better justification than that. It's not that it looks bad at all (wish i had pics). If you said well, if you don't trim those ends the rest of your hair will fall out then that would be a good reason. I know that's extreme.
laugh.gif
Maybe you're right though maybe I'll get a major trim once a year until I'm ready to ease up on the protective styles.

Back