My Ends Feel Horrible

Prettyinpink00

My hair is natural 3c and my ends feel and look horrible, i mean its so dry and i know that i have tons of split ends but i don't know how to cut them because they are all over. I'm so unhappy with my hair, it keeps on shedding, i don't know what to do.
frown.gif
frown.gif

What does your hair regimen look like if you don't mind sharing? Something about your regimen could give a hint as to why your ends are in bad shape. And don't worry, I posted about my bad ends as well in the past, and now I've been more careful with them, not having as many problems with them. You might have to dust the ends, or maybe even get someone to trim them, but the most important thing is how you handle your ends afterwards so they don't go bad again.

EDIT: here are some threads that helped me with taking better care of my ends...
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Women&Number=75867&fpart=1&PHPSESSID=

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Women&Number=132095&fpart=1&PHPSESSID=

My hair is 3C Natural.

I wash my hair about once a week with Kenra MS and MC, or Pantene R&N.

Then i add Salerm to damp hair if i don't have any Salerm then i put Surge Woojee cream.

I usually wear my hair in a bun or in a ponytail and i use fantasia IC Gel on the front.

When i go to sleep i fold my hair under in a ponytail.

What am i doing wrong? maybe it is from years of neglect i never had a trim before so i will be taking my butt the the stylist next week, it will be my first time. But i don't want to cut too my much hair.

After she trims my hair how can i prevent future spilt ends?

You could really just be due for a trim, considering that you've never had one before. If you're seeing a stylist to trim your hair, make sure you beat it in her head to only trim what you want trimmed, not "hack" then ends off, they like to do that sometimes. When getting ready to sleep, have you ever tried rubbing something over your ends (i.e. your Woojee cream or Salerm) before tuckign them in a ponytail?

maybe you should wear your hair in a different position while you sleep? I know if I just fold my ponytail that is on the middle of the back of my head, I will smash the hair and break some ends. I have to keep mine on top- then I don't have to fold it, just let it loose in it's pony.

You are probably just due a trim. My daughter's hair was feeling all crinkly on the ends. Then when I trimmed her hair, it was like night and day. I sectioned her hair off and then trimmed each section with some barber scissors that I bought.

I think a trim should do it? But i'm a little scared, i will try my best to make it clear to the stylist that i want a trim no ta hack.

Back