my ds and dh don't like my mop...iiii mean wig!

Which wig should i get?

• Willow

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Mahogany

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • both

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • you suggestion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DivaD04

oh my! i know it's old and beat the he// up...i thought if i poo/co/dc, clip the ends, put a lil oil on it, and flat iron my wig b4 daring to step out of the front door, my family would find it....ok, not ooooh that's cute but okay. we celebrated our dd's 5th bday at school and she was like mom what are you doing here? not realizing she was walking into a party set up just for her and her class....she didn't mind the wig....but every time i was near my son....he just started giving the "i'm about to wail if you don't get that hideous thing away from me" face. dh just kept refering my old wig as a mop. that mop this and that mop that....that's NOT a wig, that's a MOP! i couldn't catch a break fromt them today at all. huh! i need some help. i've been looking at buying a really good wig or 2....i want one that won't frizz the heck up like the one i have now. it's always a battle and a really good wig or 2 would be nice w/o the fight. can y'all help a sista out!!!!???
please!!
thx

and the wigs i was looking at from katour line design:
Willow

Mahogany

Last edited:
Aw, post a pic of you wearing the ratty beat up old "mop" of a wig that your family hates. lol

In the pic you posted of yourself, you appear to be wearing extension braids which seem like a great option. Those 2 wigs only differ in color and I think you would look better in Mahogany since it's darker and would give better contrast against your skin tone. However, I think these wavy wigs tend to look messy quickly and that might be what happened to your infamous "mop", straight wigs tend to look better longer.

And is there any reason why you don't want to wear your own 4b TWA? The wavy hair wigs and braid extensions might over time make you feel less impressed with your own natural look.

i just don't like the twa look right now. i'm so used to braiding my hair up that i hate wearing my hair out. i actually cover my hair just to feel comfy.
yes let me grab my beat down wig and wig and repost

Last edited:
that's what i was pretty much going going for...something similar to my braids. the color i'm going for is plain...dk bwn-bwn. i want to have that
instant length that i can put away when i'm done...so my scalp can breathe.:look::grin:

i like my braids but braids take too long when i have 2 kids thats for sure.

Mahogany is cute! I was looking at Ateeya's channel on youtube for wig ideas cus she tries so many. She hasn't gone heavy into the curly ones yet but she has a few websites. I know one is blackhairspray.com or something like that. HTH

Mahogany is cute! I was looking at Ateeya's channel on youtube for wig ideas cus she tries so many. She hasn't gone heavy into the curly ones yet but she has a few websites. I know one is blackhairspray.com or something like that. HTH

checking out the site right NOW
the site is interesting

250$ for a wig?!?!?

Nope. You better go to hairsisters.com or golden mart beauty supply or something like that. They're much cheaper and have a wide range of styles.

see msa i'm looking for a wig that won't frizz up like static electricity. where are these wigs that won't frizz and matte. can i get pointed in the right direction. i never bought hair from hairsisters or gmbs.

see msa i'm looking for a wig that won't frizz up like static electricity. where are these wigs that won't frizz and matte. can i get pointed in the right direction. i never bought hair from hairsisters or gmbs.

Hmm...my wigs lasted fine as long as I didn't sleep in them and made sure to put them back in the bag. And they were all the synthetic, cheap ones.

Right. I bought a mannequin head too for my wigs. Lol @msa. I suggested the other website too cus the price made my eyes pop. They look well made though but I know we can find something just as good.

Back