My dog just ripped 1 of my braids out my scalp!!!

MsKibibi

Oh my God, I just got home and whenever i come fome he gets excited but today he jumped on the couch and jumped toward me snagging one of my braids and pulling it out my scalp
shocked.gif

I felt a sharp pain then I saw the braid hit the ground. It was like slow motion. I picked up the braid and ran to the bathroom to see where it came from- my hair line!. I quickly unraved the braid to see how much of my hair it tore out, it was 3-4 inches long

I am so devasted, I sprayed it with Surge followed by tea tree oil and reattached the braid extension (not tight of course) I feel so paranoid now, like my hair is going to look uneven when I do take out the braids. I know it will grow back but 3 inches is a lot to loose from your hairline. It fortunately doenst look like a bald spot, it just look short.

I know he didnt mean to do it so I didnt scold him for it but I'm so sad right now
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

By the way i'm doing the Crown and Glory technique so I have pencil sized individual briads with a healthy sized part

Ouchhhh!

I am so sorry that happened to you. I am sure it will grow back and since it is only one braid it should blend in just fine with the rest of your hair when you take it down.

Girl,

I'm so sorry. I know your pain though. My pup likes to climb up behind me and grab any part of my hair (braid and all). I've learn to put a satin cap on my head b4 I sit down.

thanks ladies the support is making me feel much better. i always wear my satin cap when i'm at home but i didnt get a chance to put it on, I had literally walked in when this happened. But i will definately be more careful from now on.

4_11_4.gif
Don't worry it'll get better. Just keep treating it like you are. The tea tree oil is good and will help speed up the healing process....
smile.gif

Re: My dog just ripped 1 of my braids out my scalp

<font color="blue"> ouch!

You'll be okay. If if makes you feel better, I snagged a few strands of my hair from the root due to a hang nail earlier today
cry3.gif
I was mad at first, but then I got mad about not taking better care of my nails when they break . </font>
spank.gif

Back