My DevaChan experience.....

By the time I realized it was too late. If she would have stopped it would have been really jacked up. They cut one side at a time.

@Moniquenuss
I've been abused in the hair chair before and it's like going to a gyno...you are shocked and embarassed, 1/2 hair-naked and you can't quite get the gumption to do something right away cuz you can't see it all. :nono:

Anyhoo Op, is this your guy????? :lachen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftCPIzi5OcQ

auparavant said:
@Moniquenuss
I've been abused in the hair chair before and it's like going to a gyno...you are shocked and embarassed, 1/2 hair-naked and you can't quite get the gumption to do something right away cuz you can't see it all. :nono:

Anyhoo Op, is this your guy????? :lachen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftCPIzi5OcQ

Yes he was the one who was suppose to cut my hair http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jf-mrW94j4 this is the one that butchered me. Her hair is a lot longer now, I think this clip is a few years old.

I am so sorry to see what happened to you. I can't imagine how I would feel. I considered getting a deva cut. Looked up all of the salons in my area listed on the main website. All of the salons had websites. All of the recommended salons from the DevaShan website were white. None of the clients featured on their websites were black. I think that a was a subtle message that they really don't do black hair. I have since changed my mind.

I am sure that you were looking foward to your experience. Many have had a positive experience and given good reviews on youtube. You probably had a lot of trust and good expectations. Your experience is a lesson to me and I am sure others.

Wow! Thank you for sharing your story OP. So sorry that Melanie at DevaChan destroyed all of your progress and hard work :nono: How did you end up styling your hair for work yesterday?

I was going to schedule an appointment with them this month or the next, but now I will most definitely be staying away. Boo. . . I always saw DevaChan as a curly hair haven :sad:

Last edited:
This is why I don't go to salons. I would of left the minute I noticed they lied about Christopher not being there, when he was actually hiding (dishonesty). But I'm sorry this happened to you. XoXo

YaniraNaturally said:
Wow! Thank you for sharing your story OP. So sorry that Melanie at DevaChan destroyed all of your progress and hard work :nono: How did you end up styling your hair for work yesterday?

I was going to schedule an appointment with them this month or the next, but now I will most definitely be staying away. Boo. . . I always saw DevaChan as a curly hair haven :sad:

I just pinned the front back and threw a headband on. I had to just deal the the funny looks and I kept spritzing it to try and make it hang a little longer and not look so much like homie the clown!

Ok so I called to speak with the owner or manager ans was told they were unavailable. Go figure. I asked for a contact email and was given the customer service one. I sent the email the other day and still have not herd anything back. Now I will print the email ans send it certified mail! Someone better answer me!

I wrote them a long email about my experience as well as sent them the link to this thread so that they can see how others responded. It took the manager almost a week to reply back to me via email and she claimed she called me multiple times(I only had one missed call from the hussie). I tried to call back and every time they either say she is not in or with a client. I am sooooo over this place I will never recommend the salon or the method to anyone again. I will go back to using cones and listening to my hair instead of trying to force it to conform. Honestly the method is good if you live in a warm climate and can wear wash and goes year round, but that's not the case for me.

I have calmed down and chalked it up to a bad learning experience. No more salons so me.

Back