My Daughters Very Itchy Scalp! Product Recs.

SignatureBeauty

Hello Ladies! My daughter has a very itchy dry scalp and it seems that everything I put on it does not make it go away, I have used Oils,Natural Hair Grease Dandruff shampoo etc. But her scalp is just itchy and I have not found the culprit, so I am looking for a product that I can but from a store (not online) that is made for itchy dry scalps.

I am braiding her hair for school and I want to give her a good clarifying & deep conditioner treatment before I do that, but I want to alos put something on her scalp to stop the itching while in braids because if not, they won't last long:(

Thanks

Have you taken her to a dermatologist? I had a similar problem and my dermatologist told me that it was eczema.

No I haven't taken her to a dermatologist because it doesn't happen often and sometimes her scalp is dry & flaky and then it is normal, but she also hasn't been drinking her water like she is suppose to so maybe her scalp is dehydrated, but I will check into a dermatologist.

Thanks

I have a itchy scalp and it flares up every once and a while and stays itchy for a couple of months then it goes away. I use keracare itchy scalp shampoo and jane carters scalp serum oil. Both work very well and helps end my dry itchy tight scalp.

Olive oil is really nice to massage into the scalp. I've also read that jojoba oil is the closest to our natural scalp oil.

i went through a lot of stuff for this products. The Dudley's A, E, B...Heck, the Dudley Alphabet soup grease. lol (I can't think of all the letters off the top of my head.) Anywho, That worked for me but I dont like putting grease on my scalp.

I found a spray that worked like a charm. It's called Medicated Better Braids Spray. I am so glad I found this spray.

Letitia said:
Here is a link if you want to see exactly what I am talking about. I need something fast and this worked. I didnt have time to wait on scalp help. lol

ACF9E7E.jpg

Link......

http://www.keystone-labs.com/betterbraids.html

*My bottle looks more like the one on the link but still it's the same thing.* I hope her little scalp stop itching soon. I hate that feeling!

Hey I used the Proclaim tea tree too and it dried my hair out. Felt like straw when I was done. But my suggestions include Keracare Dry and Itchy Scalp (poo, con, and glossifier aka grease). I would also suggest sulfur 8, it stinks but it works.

Thanks Ladies! I have decided to add some tea tree oil to her shampoo & conditioner since I have alot of it. and see how that works!

Back