My daughter's hair!!

Bklynqueen

My daughter\'s hair!!

Hello all,

My daughter is 10 months old and her hair is finally growing back from the shedding of baby hair. My problem is that she has my hair- extremely dry! Me and my boyfriend can't do nothing with it. She looks like a little boy.
frown.gif
I have been putting Carol's Daughter Hair butter in her hair and the Hair Milk and it looks great for about 30 minutes and then her hair sucks up the moisture. Any suggestions on how to take care of a 10-month old's hair? Also, if you want to see pics of my dumplin, please click on the first link.
smile.gif
The X-mas pic is when her hair was falling out and the one with just me and her is when she was 8 months old.
grin.gif

Re: My daughter\'s hair!!

Try to get her to drink water...even if you have to add some apple juice to it. You may also want to consider scalp massages. Other than that, you may need to just mist it with water/conditioner spritz throughout the day. I don't know what else it could be...sorry, I'm not a parent...

I couldn't see the links, but perhaps trying spritzing her hair with distilled water and then using a little jojoba oil. You probably don't need anything too heavy at that age.

I wish I could see her hair though.

What are you using to wash her hair? My son's hair got too dry when we tried using regular baby shampoo (it still has sulfates in it) which was way too stripping. We use really gentle shampoos usually baby shampoo from Whole Foods or a health store now followed with a good baby conditioner.

Whole foods has great shampoos. You can also dilute the Baby Mild Formula of Dr. Bronner's Castille Soap and use it as a shampoo as well.

I alternate just rinsing her hair with water and just washing her hair with conditioner. I shampoo once a week to remove any buildup. I also use a leave in conditioner (Giovanni’s direct leave in) and seal in the moisture with Carol’s daughter healthy hair butter, then I braid it up. I realized that some water must hit her hair everyday to remain supple and soft or else it starts to dry out. It’s best to use the HHB on wet hair though. It doesn’t seem to perform too well on dry hair

Yeah I use Aubrey Organics baby shampoo on my granddaughter's hair...It keeps her little hair soft and curly.....
smile.gif
smile.gif
And it is so gentle..

Ok, all, now you can see what my natural hair look like and what my daughter looks like. And by the way, I finally figured out how to post my pic next to my name. That's me with the weave.
laugh.gif

Back