My daughter thinks I am hair obsessed!

InnerSoul

and maybe I am...Okay, everytime I talk with my daughter about my hair and how I think she needs to take heed to hers.. she gets that "here we go again" look on her face. My daughter 13 year old is into sports... she is not the hair obsession type like I am. She does try her best with her hair styles and she understands the importance of deep conditioning.. but other than that she could really care less:lol:

When I like to go to the hair products aisle in the stores you should see the looks on my daughter and son's faces!!

What is the attitude of your offsprings when it comes to your hair?

My youngest daughter, who is 24, was the same way...at first. She thought I talked way too much about it. And I know I did, especially when I first started. She has between APL and BSL hair, but could take a little more care and time with it. Her hair grows in spite of what she does. I can just imagine the lengths it would reach if she stepped it up a bit. My middle daughter just takes it in stride. Her hair is about the easiest to care for of all of ours. Right now, she wears hers short.

My oldest daughter understands a little more. We can talk a lot more and share our regimens. We even touch-up each other's relaxers much of the time. Her hair is also about APL/BSL.

I think my husband didn't get my "great interest" in my hair either. But he wouldn't dare say it.:)

Now, that I've made progress, my whole family can see the fruit of my labor, understands and supports my goals.

Yours will too.

I try to keep my addiction in the closet!:lachen:

I have a 14 year old son who could care less, so when we are together I avoid the hair aisles literally. I will go around the complete hair and cosmetic section talking to myself.."Don't go over there, go down the vitamen section..no, no, keep going you can do it...see, good girl. Whew! :D

I will even not drive down a certain street so I don't see the BSS window with advertisements calling my name......:eek:

Royal Glory said:
My youngest daughter, who is 24, was the same way...at first. She thought I talked way too much about it. And I know I did, especially when I first started. She has between APL and BSL hair, but could take a little more care and time with it. Her hair grows in spite of what she does. I can just imagine the lengths it would reach if she stepped it up a bit. My middle daughter just takes it in stride. Her hair is about the easiest to care for of all of ours. Right now, she wears hers short.

My oldest daughter understands a little more. We can talk a lot more and share our regimens. We even touch-up each other's relaxers much of the time. Her hair is also about APL/BSL.

I think my husband didn't get my "great interest" in my hair either. But he wouldn't dare say it.:)

Now, that I've made progress, my whole family can see the fruit of my labor, understands and supports my goals.

Yours will too.

thanks for sharing!! I am just waiting until the fruits of my labor(my hair) grows to my desired length and then perhaps she will want to listen alot more to me about hair care!:lol:

mscocoface said:
I try to keep my addiction in the closet!:lachen:

I have a 14 year old son who could care less, so when we are together I avoid the hair aisles literally. I will go around the complete hair and cosmetic section talking to myself.."Don't go over there, go down the vitamen section..no, no, keep going you can do it...see, good girl. Whew! :D

I will even not drive down a certain street so I don't see the BSS window with advertisements calling my name......:eek:

now that's funny!!:lachen: :lachen:

I have now gotten to the point that I try to avoid hair products aisles when I am with them.. they always say" no mom, not again"!

I dont have any kids yet, when I do I can start them off in hair bootcamp..so they will be fully indoctrinated by age 5. :lol:

OnAHairQuest said:
I dont have any kids yet, when I do I can start them off in hair bootcamp..so they will be fully indoctrinated by age 5. :lol:

My son is 3 and he already knows I am a hair addict:eek: he says pretty hair mommy but when we go shopping he says no hair mommy ...toys..toys:lachen:

la flaca said:
My son is 3 and he already knows I am a hair addict:eek: he says pretty hair mommy but when we go shopping he says no hair mommy ...toys..toys:lachen:

girl, your hair is just too pretty!

Back