My daughter is 3 and has very dry hair...

alona

What shampoo and conditioner is good for a 3 years old's hair (keeping it moisturized is really a problem because she pulls at it and unbraids/plaits it exposing it to air making it drier). I've been using liquid castile soap and Aubrey's Organics Island Spice. I think it make be too strong/stripping the moisture.

Help please. TIA

My daugher is almost 3 and her hair was the same way and plus she has eczema. I started using nature's blessing pomade a couple of weeks ago and her hair stays moisturized and has a beautiful shine now. It took her hair about two weeks to get adjusted to it but now I love to comb her hair and it is growing well also. You can find it here http://www.houseofnubian.com/IBS/SimpleCat/Shelf/ASP/Hierarchy/0D0A.html

During her wash I use Keracare products especially the shampoo for dry and itchy scalp.

You can also do a search on the forum to see what other ladies think about the pomade. HTH!!

My sister co-washes her son's hair with cheapie conditioner. Basicly co-washing is washing the hair like you would with a shampoo then rinsing. She added the conditioner, lathers it and scrub his scalp with her fingers, let it sit for the reminder of his bath and rinse right before he gets out. No more hurting eyes and crying and his hair stays moist for a while. Her favorite one is Suave Coconut.

Last edited:
Hi There,

I have a 2 and 3 year old and almost exclusively co-wash their hair. I use VO5 strawberries and cream or Suave milk and honey or coconut conditioners. I put in on their hair right before they get in the bath, gently massage it in, and rinse it out right before they get out. Their hair has been responding very well. I also use Kid's organics shea butter moisturizer/detangler on their hair to keep it moisturized, or spray their braids with Dove sheer moisture mist diluted with distilled water and some coconut oil.

Hope this helps!

Dee

saratess said:
My daugher is almost 3 and her hair was the same way and plus she has eczema. I started using nature's blessing pomade a couple of weeks ago and her hair stays moisturized and has a beautiful shine now. It took her hair about two weeks to get adjusted to it but now I love to comb her hair and it is growing well also. You can find it here http://www.houseofnubian.com/IBS/SimpleCat/Shelf/ASP/Hierarchy/0D0A.html

During her wash I use Keracare products especially the shampoo for dry and itchy scalp.

You can also do a search on the forum to see what other ladies think about the pomade. HTH!!

Ooh, I have to try that pomade on my daughter's hair. My daughter is 3 and her hair can be very dry at times. She's 4bb:lol: with a lot of THICK hair. I wash her hair with Doo Gro Shampoo and then I put Doo Gro Intensive Conditioner on her hair and leave it on for maybe 30 minutes, once I rinse that out. I put Cantu shea butter leave in conditioner on her hair and her hair feels so soft and tangle-free. I oil her scalp with Doo Gro grease or either the hair oil and then I braid it up but when I take her braids down her hair is still soft due to the frequent oiling of her scalp and braids. oh I spray some Palmer's Extra Virgin Oil Oil mist on her braids everyday:)

Elucence MB shampoo and AO white camellia. Giovanni direct leave in conditioner followed by Avocado butter mixed with castor oil and olive oil. Plait and air dry.

Spray bottle: cheapie conditioner and water.

tsmith said:
Ooh, I have to try that pomade on my daughter's hair. My daughter is 3 and her hair can be very dry at times. She's 4bb:lol: with a lot of THICK hair. I wash her hair with Doo Gro Shampoo and then I put Doo Gro Intensive Conditioner on her hair and leave it on for maybe 30 minutes, once I rinse that out. I put Cantu shea butter leave in conditioner on her hair and her hair feels so soft and tangle-free. I oil her scalp with Doo Gro grease or either the hair oil and then I braid it up but when I take her braids down her hair is still soft due to the frequent oiling of her scalp and braids. oh I spray some Palmer's Extra Virgin Oil Oil mist on her braids everyday:)

Ooooh tsmith, I may have to steal your regimine for my lil ones hair. Sounds like all that works wonders huh?

Well for my 3 year old son and my 8 year old daughter, I just recently started using NTM itchy poo/cream lather and conditioner. It makes their 3somethin hair oh sooo soft and manageable. When it's braided I'll oil their scalp with ORS shea butter oil ( I think that's what it's called). It melts right into the hair and scalp.:grin:

I would think Castille would be drying used regularly. I know some girls on here use it as a clarifyer. As mentioned I'd try a good moisturizing poo like Kenra, Kera Care, or Nexxus...when I was a girl my grandmother used Nexxus on my hair and it was always soft and moisturized. I'd follow up with a good moisturizing hair dressing. My pick is Mizani H2O intense night cream which I apply about every other night and seal with Kera Care essential oils. It keeps my hair very moisturized without being weighed down. Also make sure you're covering her hair at night with a silk or satin bonnet. .

Chayil

Honi said:
Elucence MB shampoo and AO white camellia. Giovanni direct leave in conditioner followed by Avocado butter mixed with castor oil and olive oil. Plait and air dry.

Spray bottle: cheapie conditioner and water.

Hi,
Where can I find that avocado butter?
That sounds like good stuff.

Avocado butter is wonderful. I use it often, I buy mine from From Nature With Love.

I have boys, so their hair is probably a lot shorter than your daughter's, but here's what I do:

My 8 year old washes his own hair. He uses mostly Suave shampoo and conditioner because he likes the way they smell. HE loves the Citrus Smoothie kind best of all. His hair is very shiny and healthy. Sometimes after he's done I smooth a tiny bit of hemp seed oil over his hair.

I wash my youngest three boys hair wit conditioner every two days. Once a month I wash their hair with shampoo. I use mostly Suave conditioners on them also. The 3 year old and 4 year old have very fine, but curly blond hair . The conditioner washes keep their curls silky and frizz free. I smooth a little hemp seed oil over their hair while it's still wet for extra shine.

The baby has fluffy light brown curls, his hair tangles very easily, the conditioner washes leave his curls just gorgeous and soft.

The castile soap shampoo may be too harsh. I have a 4 year old and I use Anita Grant's babassu shampoo bar and it makes her hair very moisturized and soft. I also use Elucence shampoo and conditioner. Both do well with her hair. I then use CD's Marguerite's Magic and Sunkissed Pomade to further dress her hair.

HTH

alona said:
What shampoo and conditioner is good for a 3 years old's hair (keeping it moisturized is really a problem because she pulls at it and unbraids/plaits it exposing it to air making it drier). I've been using liquid castile soap and Aubrey's Organics Island Spice. I think it make be too strong/stripping the moisture.

Help please. TIA

Back