My dad is in the hospital/School issues

Jessica Rabbit

I am still going through my rough patch. My school still is fighting me to take a year off after my medical issues. (Just finished my first year of law school) I don't want to and there really is no appeal process, but I filed an appeal anyway. I wrote it and a couple of classmates helped me fine tune it. I basically had to plead my case. The dean tried to discourage me from even trying but after talking to one of the faculty members who is on the 3 panel committee, I felt encouraged to give it a go. I overnighted it today so that I can get delivery confirmation and they can get it asap. Classes start in about 3 weeks and I waited this long because I was taking summer courses and wanted to make sure that it was well written. I just want a favorable outcome so that I don't have to take a break from school, especially since I have been having trouble finding a job. (Plan B)

Also, my father has been in the hospital since Wednesday. He is a STRONG man so for him to be sick AND go to the hospital, he must really be bothered. He has an irritated colon and a blocked bowel. He is on four different medications and has a tube down his throat to drain his stomach and hopefully clear out the blockage. His heart rate was elevated and they moved him to ICU to monitor him more closely especially since he has high blood pressure. This is a lot but my father (heavenly and earthly) can handle it. I am asking for your prayers for support, strength and guidance and anything else that you see fit. Thank you for your time and have a blessed day.

My prayers are with you during this difficult time. I know that God is able to do all that he promised...I am a living witness to that...just have faith and believe...

Update: I came to Richmond to be with my dad and family yesterday. Our church and community is really praying for him and are keeping his room and mailbox full. They still cannot figure out what is causing the blockage and they have gotten his heart rate down a little bit so they are about to do an exploratory operation. Yesterday he said he has turned it over to God but he is starting to get a little depressed. I'm about to get dressed and go to the hospital. I'll keep you posted.

Back