My corrective didn't work...

smwrigh3

So last night I did a corrective relaxer after waiting 10 weeks. I bought my favorite ORS relaxer in normal and added to cap fulls of EVOO.. after basing my head I apply the relaxer and let it stay on for about ten minutes. and nothing changed. my hair is still texlaxed.

So my question is did I Still not leave in on long enough, did I had to much oil.. I am just so confused.

I not going to relax again for 3 months but I was wondering should I try it again or leave it alone?

If you can live with the texture I say leave it alone. I always add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil to my relaxer (I use ORS too). I process my hair abt 20-22 min. I usually end up straight, with a few sections still lightly textured. I've never bothered doing a corrective in those sections because the relaxer runoff in my next relaxer or slight overlapping takes care of any underprocessed sections.

I hope that helps...

Thanks! I think I am going to leave it alone! I don't being texlax it makes my hair look thicker! I am just afraid of breakage!

I don't understand why you did the corrective. If it was for more straightness than you should not have added the oil. The oil slows down the process. You could have left it on longer but 10 minutes would not be nough time with oil added if you wanted your hair straighter.

When I did corrective number 2 (my last). I went up 1 relaxer strength and applied the relaxer to the new growth and than the length. Verses the first corrective attempt when I relaxed all of my new growth and than went in to do the length. My new growth processed faster than the length so the corrective did not work. My roots were straight but length still underpressed.

Back