My caruso steam system isn't working ...no steam help

kiwiny

I went to set my hair the other day. I filled the tray with water and clicked the red switch on the top to ion steam and to my dismay no steam.....okay at first though it was taking a long time becasue I haven't used it in a while, so I waited and waited still no steam.. someone please help that's 50 bucks down the drain.

I was working perfectly fine before this.

What should I do does anyone have a customer service number for caruso, i don't want to waste my money

Man 2 steam rollers in 1 day!!! I can't help u sweetie, i just wanted to recommend that you do an internet search for caruso to get their customer number. If they have a website you may be able to find helpful operating/cleaning instructions as well

There is a warranty somewhere in the instructions or on the box and cleaning instructions as well. It involves using vinegar but I dont remember the exact ratios.

My Caruso steamer broke in less than a year, but I threw awaythe instructions. I also tried to clean it but it didnt work at all. I ended up replacing mine with the Vidal Sasoon steamer and I love it.

50 bucks is kinda steep tho', I dont remember paying that much...

Hope it works out for ya!

Last edited:
I don't know about the newer versions but I know that with one I had you had to put a little salt in it in order to get the steam. I haven't used one in years so I'd do like someone else said and do a search and see if you can call them to find out what's wrong.

I have to agree. The original models required a bit of salt. I hoe you get it working. Let me know, becasue whenever I decide to take my braids out I will considering purchasing one.

mahoganee said:
I don't know about the newer versions but I know that with one that I had, you had to put a little salt in it in order to get the steam. I haven't used one in years so I'd do like someone else said and do a search and see if you can call them to find out what's wrong.

Found this number on line, I hope this helps. I am looking for the instruction booklet. If I find it, I will post instruction.

If you have any questions or comments on Caruso Professional® product, don't hesitate to call us on our toll-free Caruso Cares hotline number. For professional styling tips and information on Caruso Professional® products 1-800-487-8769 Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm MST.

Hi Kiwiny,
I wanted to reply earlier but experienced technical difficulty.
If I recall the Caruso steamers (and other versions) are to be cleaned periodically with 2 table spoons of white vinegar and a full container of water. Let it steam away. I think the original literature said steam the full cycle, but I never could figure out what that meant, so I always steam about 20 mins. I also use about 1/2 vinegar & 1/2 water.

I use this thing daily and learned to switch to distilled water and I no longer use tap water. Out here in Az the water is very hard and full of calcium, it clogs everything and I ruined another steamer this way. With distilled water my newest steamer system (4months old) has not even needed cleaning, but I better do it before I have a problem.
I don't know how old your system is so I don't know if you need to use salt.

Back