My BSS visits...

TrendySocialite

Tell me why my BSS visits are now averaging an hour long???

I go look at the half wigs and falls first. May try a couple on.

Then I go on the product side. I'm looking at everything and reading all the ingredients (my new favorite pasttime).

You ladies are definitely influencing me...LOL

This is so true.
When I first joined the site I was averaging a 2-3 time per week visit to the BSS. I'm finding out what works for me and my dd and I haven't had the need to go as frequent.
I also haven't been to the beauty parlor in over 2 months except for my most recent touch up and our hair is growing like weeds.:grin:

i usually only go every two weeks when i get paid.

i still go to the hair salon weekly (therapy for myself), but i can do some stuff at home on my own if i want to. mostly what i purchase are the daily care products i use between salon visits.

I don't go that often anymore.:nono:
I figured out what my hair likes so for now I have my staples. I haven't been in a little while. Although I just went to Sally's yesterday to price a roller cart. I have so many different rollers and things b/c me and dd have different have texture and styles.
Also I am def. paying attention to the ingredients in products now.

I try NOT to go in BSSs unless I'm looking for something specific, no browsing. That just leads to unecessary product purchases for me.

I went to Ricky's in NY to buy some of the Curls products and spent like 100+. Bought some Curls Milkshake (X2) and Souffle a denman brush (don't know why), Kinky Curly Custard and the Redken Butter Blend.

I'm lucky I don't live near a BSS. The nearest to me is a half an hour train ride but when I'm there it's ON. I always end up with something even if it's a pack of bobby pins (yeah my pj'ism is bad). However, I do go to school near a Ricky's which is bad beacause as soon as a class gets cancelled or I'm bored I go over there.

lol....tell me about it! Last weekend, my DH went with me and keep saying "are you ready yet....my reply no, not just, yet." His reply," but I thought you only needed a pick :rolleyes::look::grin:."

I am with you on that.
I don't go as often now b/c I like making new products instead of buying.
When I was a super new, I bought everything someone said they used. :rolleyes: I have too many products and only a small amount of hair. :lachen:

I can't help but laugh at myself off that one...my favorite product is some cheap a$$ V05 conditioner! :lachen:You could not tell that by looking in my bathroom.

Wow I normal get the reviews from the broad then go and get the products I am too cheap to try anything to be disappointed. :blush::lachen:

I can totally relate with you. I go to my local BSS an I am in there almost an hour. Looking at products. I usually go back and forth to the same products I read on my first go round.:lachen:. I just bought a soft bonnet hair dryer by Carel for $39.99 today, some 3/8 curl rods, and a box of 100 metal prong clips.

I had told my self that was it, I had to get control of myself and stop all the product buying. That I was not going back to my BSS, or my black hair supply store.

I was doing great. I was so proud of my decision, till low and behold! I went in my local Ingles frocery store, and now that they have expanded they have a whole isle of salon hair care prducts! :wallbash: I was in there for a hour looking at stuff. I droped $65 dollars on hair supplies!:cry:

I bought some: Redkien All soft heavy cream,
Healthy Sexy hair Pumpkin potion leave in con with ginger root( smells heavenly),
Mop( modern organic products) for deep definitio.
Naked Naturals (citrus and Keratin fortifying poo and con). No Lauryl/laureth sulfates.

I think I might some need help, because all this happened in the 4 hours I was out shopping today!!!!:crying3:

Back