My Braids!!

Thank you. There is a video on www.growafrohairlong.com that I saved to my computer and learned how from that.

I did most of it yesterday from about 2 pm to 8pm then finished the rest today and that took about 1 hour. So in all about 7 hours. Not to mention I stopped to eat, and play with my kids and watch tv.

Wow, they look absolutely beautiful!!! I cant believe you did those yourself--what patience!!!! :)

Great job girl! Your hair is just gonna grow, grow, grow!!!!!!!! :grin:

Thank you ladies. I am itchin to do some for someone. I will probably do some for my mom when we go back to Texas after Christmas.

Great job! Too bad Grand Forks is so far away from Minneapolis. I'd let you do mine. I really want to do my own braids, but I don't know if I can do the back. The front, yes, but the back? I'll just have to try.

Thanks ladies. Last year when I did them for the first time I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do the back but I figured out a way to do it.

I don't know y'all will understand this but here goes: You know how when you french braid your hair or better yet do cornrows how the hair is on top of your hand instead of under your hands, thats how I all of them. Then once I had it braided down about two inches I would turn the braid over and braid it in the hand position that is in the video to finish it.

Here is the link to the video. It's online for free, so there is no need to purchase it. All you have to do is Save the target to your computer:
http://www.learnbraidextensions.741.com/

Good2uuuu as for the back it just takes a little practice and you should be able to do it.

Great job, I always wanted to try braids, but I don't want to risk any breakage to my healthy hair. So professional, looks like you can make some money on the side girlie :) .

queen_t said:
Great job, I always wanted to try braids, but I don't want to risk any breakage to my healthy hair. So professional, looks like you can make some money on the side girlie :) .

Girl You have no idea how bad I want to, cause we could use the extra money:dollar:. I just don't know how much I should charge and should I purchase the hair or let them purchase it?

Help me out ladies, I am seriously cosidering doing this, I need some advice.
Here in Grand Forks there is only one other person I know of that does these braids and its a white lady that works at Great Clips but she can't do them in store because of their policy so she has to do them at home, I wonder what she is charging.....

See what you done started Queen, you got these wheels turning over here.:scratchch

tffy2004 said:
Girl You have no idea how bad I want to, cause we could use the extra money:dollar:. I just don't know how much I should charge and should I purchase the hair or let them purchase it?

Help me out ladies, I am seriously cosidering doing this, I need some advice.
Here in Grand Forks there is only one other person I know of that does these braids and its a white lady that works at Great Clips but she can't do them in store because of their policy so she has to do them at home, I wonder what she is charging.....

See what you done started Queen, you got these wheels turning over here.:scratchch

That's right! Get that entrepreneurial mindset in overdrive.:D Especially since there is only one other person that can do braids in your area. Don't let her dominate our market. You can ask her how much she charges to do braids, just to get a general idea. As for the hair, I know people who bring their own hair in when getting braids done or....you could let your clients know that if they don't bring the hair with them, you'll supply it and include that in the price.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back