My BoBraz Summer Install - PICS!!

I love BoBraz.
Your hair looks great.
I am looking for someone to do my next install. Where is Feyi located at?

Feyi lives in Lanham, MD.

Thanks for posting the pics! Looks great on you!
Thanks Angelc!! All you ladies helped me figure out where to go - I appreicate it!

Love the hair, and great blending also

Thanks Kami. Feyi helped me with the blending, I wasn't sure how I would do it but twisting worked wonderfully *cuz my hair is surely NOT that texture on its own*

Feyi lives in Lanham, MD.

Is Feyi pretty knowledgeable about natural hair and HH practices? I'm in DC, and I will need a new install at the end of the month, so I'd love her info.

Also, where did you buy the hair? Thanks!

She said she has natural hair herself so I think she's at least familiar with natural haircare practices. I didn't ask much about that aspect since I was mainly concerned with the weave itself, but any other questions I asked she gladly answered. Feel free to check out her site and email her! I just sent her my pics and she said she would post them :grin:
www.lushmanes.wordpress.com

ETA: I bought the hair from www.blackhairspray.com
I even posted a review there.

Last edited:
I'm curious, what's high maintenance about it?

Shedding and tangling. It can be a beast if you're not used to dealing with long natural hair. You have to get a routine down to keep it looking nice every day. You can't just wash and go day after day. You have to detangle. You have to make sure you cover it up at night or the pillowcase will zap it dry.

Half the time mine ended up on top my head in a messy bun. I couldn't be bothered. I had to do more maintenance to the BB than I did with my own natural hair. It requires a lot of work to keep it looking fresh. If I'm wearing a weave to give my hair a break, that kind of defeats the purpose. It's gorgeous hair and I'd use it again in a pinch but that's about it. I've moved onto other options.

If you're interested in more info check out the threads over on BHM. Somebody started a thread called The Trick to BoBraz or something like that. They suggested using Crisco to keep it moisturized. I never tried it though. Some people also seal their wefts before installing to cut down on shedding.

Last edited:
Dang, its been 10 years since I had a weave and now your photos really got me thinking about getting one just like yours!!

Oh you are working that weave, is it reusable? or does it shed a lot?....

You look great, that is a beautiful install!
No and Yes!!! I used this hair as a sew-in and I just took it out!! With the money I spent on the hair I had planned on reusing it buuuut it was soooo tangled when my sister helped me take it down. There's no way I can reuse it :nono::nono::wallbash:!! It was great while it lasted though!

I can't believe I missed these pics. It looks so lovely and very natural!! I'm so jealous. I miss my kinky curly.

Man, that sucks. I just purchased Kinky Curly Hair from All about my Hair and I'm hoping I'll be able to re-use it after the first install.

No and Yes!!! I used this hair as a sew-in and I just took it out!! With the money I spent on the hair I had planned on reusing it buuuut it was soooo tangled when my sister helped me take it down. There's no way I can reuse it :nono::nono::wallbash:!! It was great while it lasted though!

you did that install? wow! you have got skills looks very professional, and that hair is nicer than I thought.
The OP stated a few times throughout this thread that she did not self-install....

I wore that hair back in June....one pack, 14". I didn't even have to blend because it matched my texture perfectly. I thought it was a dream....at first. LOL! I was able to keep it in for all of 4 weeks before it got so badly tangled I HAD to take it down. I sealed it before installing, combed through it everyday in the shower, loaded it down with Cantu and AV gel....but it was still too much work. I think if I do a kinky curly again I will go with something a tad bit more high-end like RHO. However, I did get lots of compliments on it, especially in the beginning.

Looks really good on ya, OP!

wow. that really looks natural.

Just a thought - no need to get upset when someone asks if you (general you) have a weave. Because this weave looks good and it looks real.

Shedding and tangling. It can be a beast if you're not used to dealing with long natural hair. You have to get a routine down to keep it looking nice every day. You can't just wash and go day after day. You have to detangle. You have to make sure you cover it up at night or the pillowcase will zap it dry.

Half the time mine ended up on top my head in a messy bun. I couldn't be bothered. I had to do more maintenance to the BB than I did with my own natural hair. It requires a lot of work to keep it looking fresh. If I'm wearing a weave to give my hair a break, that kind of defeats the purpose. It's gorgeous hair and I'd use it again in a pinch but that's about it. I've moved onto other options.

If you're interested in more info check out the threads over on BHM. Somebody started a thread called The Trick to BoBraz or something like that. They suggested using Crisco to keep it moisturized. I never tried it though. Some people also seal their wefts before installing to cut down on shedding.

What do you use?

Back