My Big Chop

lp318lp

So I'm officially leaving the APL by Dec '09 challenge because at this rate... it ain't happenin'... I just posted a blog about my BC experience, so here are the pics to go with it. Any words of encouragement would help right about now... :crybaby: :cry4: :crybaby:

Guess I'll have to change my siggy...

Self Improvement Pictures 017.jpg Self Improvement Pictures 021.jpg

Last edited:
oh wow! im in the same challenge too and il be lucky if i hit sl by december at this rate. IF your happy with the chop then cool, what was the reason for the chop? Ive been having alot of breakage for what seems like forever but its starting to slow down after i up-ed my protein treatments.

Thanks, Ladies! :bighug:

My hair had fallen out like the end of January or beginning of February, (around the time that I had fallen really sick) and I thought I could nurture it back to health... but everyday I had to look at it, and hide it, and I was just tired of the shame that I felt. The only thing that I was doing differently was DC'ing, but that was not the reason for the fall. I believe it was health related. I went to the doctor on Friday, and she thinks it may have to do with my thyroid. (Let us pray... :angel:.)

Although it was growing back, it was just too much for me. There were so many patches and uneven areas all over my head - you know, some very long spots, then some too short to be true spots. I just had to do it...

So now, I'm going to do like guys and use minimal manipulation, but I'll incorporate the following:

Wash day
Clarifying Shampoo
Hydrate/Moisturizing Shampoo
DC with Aphogee 2 min
DC with Hairveda or other conditioner (minimum 1 hour)
CHI Silk Infusion
Moisturize

Treatments
Heavy Protein Treatment (every 8 weeks)

Daily Regimen
MN on scalp (has helped me in the past)
Moisturize
Seal with Kemi Oyl, or other oils
Haitian Castor Oil (L'Huile Masketri) every night

This is what I was doing these past few weeks, and I did see some growth. Let's see where I am by my birthday (June 4th - 31 years young!)! I'm a little excited: :woot:

Thanks for the encouragement, y'all!!

me~:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Looks great! Where do u buy that Hatian castor oil u use in your reggi?
Thanks, Ladies! :bighug:

My hair had fallen out like the end of January or beginning of February, (around the time that I had fallen really sick) and I thought I could nurture it back to health... but everyday I had to look at it, and hide it, and I was just tired of the shame that I felt. The only thing that I was doing differently was DC'ing, but that was not the reason for the fall. I believe it was health related. I went to the doctor on Friday, and she thinks it may have to do with my thyroid. (Let us pray... :angel:.)

Although it was growing back, it was just too much for me. There were so many patches and uneven areas all over my head - you know, some very long spots, then some too short to be true spots. I just had to do it...

So now, I'm going to do like guys and use minimal manipulation, but I'll incorporate the following:

Wash day
Clarifying Shampoo
Hydrate/Moisturizing Shampoo
DC with Aphogee 2 min
DC with Hairveda or other conditioner (minimum 1 hour)
CHI Silk Infusion
Moisturize

Treatments
Heavy Protein Treatment (every 8 weeks)

Daily Regimen
MN on scalp (has helped me in the past)
Moisturize
Seal with Kemi Oyl, or other oils
Haitian Castor Oil (L'Huile Masketri) every night

This is what I was doing these past few weeks, and I did see some growth. Let's see where I am by my birthday (June 4th - 31 years young!)! I'm a little excited: :woot:

Thanks for the encouragement, y'all!!

lp, there is lots of encouraging stories in this forum from women who did the BC and their hair grew back strong, healthy, and to its longest length ever. Keep these photos hon, cause when you reach your goal, people won't believe that you started with a twa!

It doesn't look bad at all, I think you're still in shock from the dramatic change.

Looks great! Where do u buy that Hatian castor oil u use in your reggi?

Hey Suzieq!

Thanks for the compliment. Since we are Haitians, I asked my mom to send me some. It just so happened that a friend of her's had just returned from Haiti with a HUGE container of it. So my mom sent me two 12 fl. oz bottles of it. I wish I knew how to make it myself.

lp, there is lots of encouraging stories in this forum from women who did the BC and their hair grew back strong, healthy, and to its longest length ever. Keep these photos hon, cause when you reach your goal, people won't believe that you started with a twa!

It doesn't look bad at all, I think you're still in shock from the dramatic change.

You're right, Sashaa08! I visited many fotkis and threads and read about the healthy goals obtained by many sisters on this here forum. I am in shock from the change. It's not like I haven't rocked the BC before... I don't know why I'm trippin'... yea... :ohwell: it's the shock.

me~

Congratulations. I just did mine too so I know it can be scary. Enjoy the short hair while you have it cos once its all grown out, you won't even believe you could rock the TWA. You go... :)

Your hair looks great and in a few months you will be loving the growth of your hair. It is only hair and it can and will grow back.

:bighug:

Thx lp! :yawn:

Hey Suzieq!

Thanks for the compliment. Since we are Haitians, I asked my mom to send me some. It just so happened that a friend of her's had just returned from Haiti with a HUGE container of it. So my mom sent me two 12 fl. oz bottles of it. I wish I knew how to make it myself.

I'm almost on the verge of tears! You ladies are SO encouraging, and I don't think I would have even thought to do so without all the information I've learned on here, and the knowledge that this is a group of people who understand and support!

SMOOCHES to you all!!!

:grouphug:

I totally understand the first couple hours after such an experience. I did mine in Jan and it took me about 2 weeks to get used to myself. BUT the important thing is that you are gorgeous with or without your hair... since you've done this before, you know all about getting your back stiff for the haterz and negative people. I wish you luck as you grow back your full, healthy head of hair. :hugs:

I totally understand the first couple hours after such an experience. I did mine in Jan and it took me about 2 weeks to get used to myself. BUT the important thing is that you are gorgeous with or without your hair... since you've done this before, you know all about getting your back stiff for the haterz and negative people. I wish you luck as you grow back your full, healthy head of hair. :hugs:

You're right, Chosen07! I will just keep my head up and love me for me.

I'm having a reverse affect. I can''t WAIT to do my BC! Well, I'm not cutting the front part of my hair, I want to be able to sport some half-wigs; but the rest will be cut off. Plus, I'm interviewing for jobs, so I'll be wearing wigs until the end of the summer.

But congrats girl!

Back