My Beautiful Simple Bun... Pics

sheba1

I posted pics of my bun in a recent thread. But I was so inspired by them, I thought I'd put them in their own thread so more people might see them. I :love: my bun. :heart: I never thought I would be one of those people that would bun to WSL or would love the ease and beauty of it. But there you have it; a perfect example of why we should never say never. :)

If you've never given it a shot or you just don't think you have the face (or head?) for it. Give it a shot! You may be pleasantly surprised.

This is my hair coated in aussie sidney smooth after cowash and aphogee two minute reconstructor.
1 pony.jpg

This is my homemade donut, made out of two socks with the ends cut off and wrapped in a satin ribbon to protect my hair.
2 satin donut.jpg

My pony with the donut added.
3 pony w donut.JPG

My hair wrapped around the donut and tie added; hair tucked under
4 bun side.jpg

Me hard at work :look: Feeling chic and beautiful with my bun.
6 bun front.JPG

This looks really nice - I am amazed at how your hair is pulled back in the bun so nicely.

I like it!!

I remember using socks to make a donut bun in 8th grade! We used to try to make them as big as possible to show we had hair! :lol:

I like it too! Where did you get it?

Thank you ladies! :drunk:

Sass&Silk, I made it! That's why it's so crazy looking. lol I just cut off the tip of the a sock and rolled it on itself until it made a tube. That wasn't quite big enough so I cut another sock and rolled it around the same tube. I then worried that the cotton would dry out my hair. So I wrapped the tube in a long satin ribbon I'd bought from the fabric store. I didn't even bother to sew it. I wear it often :yep:

I am loving the lipstick!! What color are you wearing?

Thank you! That is Pure Plum by Fashion Fair on the outside with Tropic Pink (also Fashion Fair) in the center. I may have put a highlight on the center bottom lip, also, but I'm not sure of the name of that one. I'll come back and update this post with that later.

Hi, Thanks for sharing this. I am one of those people in the "never" category. I've veen wearing my hair down everyday for as long as I can remember with the occasional ponytail since I was twelve. But I've definately opened up to the idea of trying a bun and you've given me a place to start when I'm ready to attempt my first one.

Back