My BC!

nestlequik

Ladies, I did it! I got my hair cut last night at Salon Revive in DC. My stylist, Aesha was great. We talked all about stuff I've only learned here- protein, moisture, heat damage, products, etc. She wasn't pushy or anything.

So I thought I had at least an inch of new growth all around, but in fact I had about a half an inch in front, and an inch in the back so it's shorter than I thought. But I really wanted a fresh start so I had her cut it even all around to my natural hair.

Now I was a little worried about what my coworkers would say today but all I got were compliments. Everyone at my job said they love it. And even this random stranger on the street said he liked my hair. Let's say I was suprised.

I'm still getting used to it- I haven't been natural in 10 years, and having short hair is revealing. It also means taking even more care of my skin. But all in all I'm glad I did it. Now what to do with all my hair products...

Attachments

• 34th birthday and haircut 009.jpg
    34th birthday and haircut 009.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 209
Wow, you really did big chop! I think it's cute, I wish I had the guts (and the head) to rock a short cut like that.

Congratulations!

Ladies, I did it! I got my hair cut last night at Salon Revive in DC. My stylist, Aesha was great. We talked all about stuff I've only learned here- protein, moisture, heat damage, products, etc. She wasn't pushy or anything.

So I thought I had at least an inch of new growth all around, but in fact I had about a half an inch in front, and an inch in the back so it's shorter than I thought. But I really wanted a fresh start so I had her cut it even all around to my natural hair.

Now I was a little worried about what my coworkers would say today but all I got were compliments. Everyone at my job said they love it. And even this random stranger on the street said he liked my hair. Let's say I was suprised.

I'm still getting used to it- I haven't been natural in 10 years, and having short hair is revealing. It also means taking even more care of my skin. But all in all I'm glad I did it. Now what to do with all my hair products...

It looks good!! Have you experienced any dryness since the BC or were you already prepared with a master plan? I ask because after I BC'ed, my hair was SUPER DRY..I'm talking PARCHED!

@ the bolded, even though I haven't ever had any real trouble with my skin (some scaring...boo!), I started paying CLOSER attention to it once I did the BC. I even became a little more interested in make-up application.

But I ramble....congrats to you and HHG!!!

~S~

Last edited:
It looks good!! Have you experienced any dryness since the BC or were you already prepared with a master plan? I ask because after I BC'ed, my hair was SUPER DRY..I'm talking PARCHED!

@ the bolded, even though I haven't ever had any real trouble with my skin (some scaring...boo!), I started paying CLOSER attention to it once I did the BC. I even became a little more interested in make-up application.

But I ramble....congrats to you and HHG!!!

~S~

Thank you everyone for your compliments and support!

Shananyganz- It's day one and yes, I think my hair was on the dry side. I'm patiently waiting on Qhemet to send me my purchases- the Amla Heavy Cream, the Burdock Root and the Detangling Ghee. Right now I'm using Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk and while it was great during my transition, I'm not sure it gives me the moisture my hair needs.

So what is my master plan? Hmm, that's a good question. I think it's finding the right DC and moisturizer for my hair. That finding something for my scalp. It's really itchy! It's not flaky, just itchy. It's probably because now my scalp is exposed to the air now. If you have any recommendations, please share. I'm starting from scratch and I can use all the advice I can get.

Yay! Congrats! I have a twin! I BC'd yesterday too! We're the same length except my nape ended up tapered :'(

I totally feel u on the itching....

Congrats!!! It's lovely and you're on to the fun adventure of figuring out what that beautiful hair loves and hates. ENJOY!

Back