My "BC" of sorts...

Napp

Ms. Nobody
http://public.fotki.com/Nappylicious/hair-albums/my-hair-07-08/november082ndyearof/

I didnt want to bc and have those Horrible layers to grow out all over again. so i gave myself a tapered cut (long layers on top and shorter as you go down) and coiled it. my hair was so matted it took me forever to cut it evenly(4hrs) I wanted to keep some length and be very careful so i took my time rather then going to a barber and having a jacked up cut. I dont have alot of pics because my cam is dead but i will take more pictures soon!

FYI i have between 2-4 inches of texturized ends through out.my nape is natural. and my hair is finger coiled in the pictures. my hair was about 10 inches-root to tip- before i cut.

Your coils came out very nice and you have lots of new growth.
That was a smart idea to not cut all of your hair one length and end up with the layers.

You did a good job.

http://public.fotki.com/Nappylicious/hair-albums/my-hair-07-08/november082ndyearof/

I didnt want to bc and have those Horrible layers to grow out all over again. so i gave myself a tapered cut (long layers on top and shorter as you go down) and coiled it. my hair was so matted it took me forever to cut it evenly(4hrs) I wanted to keep some length and be very careful so i took my time rather then going to a barber and having a jacked up cut. I dont have alot of pics because my cam is dead but i will take more pictures soon!

FYI i have between 2-4 inches of texturized ends through out.my nape is natural. and my hair is finger coiled in the pictures. my hair was about 10 inches-root to tip- before i cut.

Great idea. When I Bc'd I buzzed it all off, and then there WAS an issue of the layers so congrats. I think you'll be the model that others will adopt when considering a BC as it saves problems with the whole layers thing later on down the line!

This was a great idea! The coils look very nice. I get tempted to do the same thing because of the varying layers from my bc.

I think you did a good job. I personally don't have the patience to try finger coils myself. I've had them done for me, and they came out great. But I'm styling challenged and I doubt mine would come out so nice.

I think you did a good job. I personally don't have the patience to try finger coils myself. I've had them done for me, and they came out great. But I'm styling challenged and I doubt mine would come out so nice.

they are not that hard. i only coil the ends for definition though. i dont want to have to bother with my frizz prone roots.

Back