MY BANTU KNOTS AREN'T COMING OUT RIGHT

bravenewgirl87

They are never fully dry and my ends are always hard and crunchy. Then, they break. Here's what I do:

I wash/co-wash
Rub moisturizer or leave-in
twist and...
Still dry crunch hair and damp uncurled hair. What am I doing wrong or what you all using?

I don't do mine on wet hair because they will not be dry by morning.

I do them on dry hair, add a little moisturizer (NTM or scurl) and seal with a little castor oil.

What moisturizer/leave-in are you using?

I just did my bantu knot out today and last night I prepped by sectioning my wet hair into about 8 section all around I put my moisturizer on and then sealed with kemi oyl then I twisted the hair and wrapped it around it self to form the knot and this was the outcome

hairgrowth132.jpg

P.S. the moisturizer i used is organics shea butter plus dry hair and scalp oil moisture therapy

Last edited:
I love bantu knot sets.

I use a water/giovanni solution on the section and my whipped shea butter near the roots. I ran out of my whipped shea butter but you bess believe I will be trying them with my ghee butter!

Ugh that kids detangling lotion leaves my hair feeling squeaky brittle ..(so clean that its too dry and snaps).. maybe that is what is making your hair hard

well if they're damp then you should wait till they are completely dry. I left mine in overnight and the rest of the next day. I think all I used was fantasia IC gel tho..I have a few pics in my fotki..

when i do them starting with wet hair i spray detangler on them then use HE LTR leave-in. they always come out really soft even though i am impatient and usually take them out before they are fully dry.

I can NEVER get a good bantu set. It just looks like a nest on top of my head. :nono: I always do them on dry hair with a leave in. Its soft, but jacked up at the same time.

Yea, if you do them on soaking wet hair, they take a VERY long time to dry. Maybe 2 days to airdry and a few hours under a hooded dryer :ohwell:

My hair is thick so what I do is wash... add my leave in (infusium 23) an some moisturizer (cantu shea butter gro strong) and a lil bit of WGO to seal... then let it get about 50% to 70% dry.... then i twist and let air dry.... I cant go under the dryer cause it feels like its burning my scalp...

HTH

They are never fully dry and my ends are always hard and crunchy. Then, they break. Here's what I do:

I wash/co-wash
Rub moisturizer or leave-in
twist and...
Still dry crunch hair and damp uncurled hair. What am I doing wrong or what you all using?

After a lot of trial and error, I've figured out a system that gives me a soft and fluffy result. I layer the following products on freshly shampooed and conditioned damp hair: CHI Keratin mist, a dab of conditioner (Nexxus Humectress works best for me), a nickel-sized amount of CHI Silk Infusion, and a dime-sized amount of coconut oil. I let my hair air dry until it is just a little damp (which still takes ages). Then I take it down and let it dry completely without touching it too much.

Back