My bald spots are finally GONE!

angelbaby

I wrote on here about a year ago that I was suffering from what I believe was chemically induced alopecia areata from my medication. I was on a beta blocker which I discovered was a notorious cause of hair loss. I had to switch doctors in order to change medications because my doctor simply wouldn't listen to me or didn't think my concerns were valid enough to switch my medication. Even though I was finally able to get off the beta blocker, my hair still wouldn't grow.

I was almost ready to accept that I would eventually be completely bald but I couldn't quite accept it, so I decided to do some armchair research via the net. I sincerely believe that my little "discovery" caused my hair to grow back.

What I did was a modified Bargello's regimen. I took GNC UltraNourishair, Soy Isoflavones, Omega 3,6,9; and a Zinc supplement. I took Biotin and MSM on alternate days and used Bhringraj Oil (just bhringraj and sesame oil) daily on my scalp. Voila! In less than 3 weeks my hair started sprouting out of my bald spot which was about a 2 in circle.

I know that a Zinc supplement is not something everyone should use, but I had read that beta blockers can deplete the body of Zinc. I had blood tests done but nothing was out of the ordinary.

I'm sorry I don't have pictures but going bald is too depressing to want to take pictures of and I really didn't think anything would work to make my hair grow back.

I do want to add that I really believe the supplementation and Bhringraj oil were what got my hair to grow back and not just going off the medication because I had been off the medication for several months and saw no results until I started this particular regimen. It could be a coincidence but I really don't think so.

My hair isn't growing as fast as it used to, but at least it is growing. I use to get 3/4" a month and never had to worry about it not growing back after cutting it. I'm hoping that if I stay on this regimen eventually I'll get the growth that I used to get.

I'm glad you found something that works for you. Even though your first doctor didn't listen, I think it's an important point that you were under the care of one. Any form of alopecia can be very serious....

angelbaby, I am actually in the middle of writing a blog because I just discovered a bald spot on my head this morning. I am extremely happy to read that you no longer have them, and I sincerely pray that your regimen will continue to work for you.

ETA: Blog posted in case anyone wanted to read it. I actually have some pictures in there.

Last edited:
Yay! I'm happy to hear that. I know it must've been distressing. Wishing you continued growth. :yep:

Thats wonderful! I'm glad you did research and found something that really works for you. Wishing you continued success on your hair journey :yep:

Congrats on finding something to help regrow your bald spot. Research does pay off greatly and sometimes doctors do believe they know what is good for the patient w/o considering the patients concern so kudos for going to another doctor that listened to you.

Wow.... Congrats to u for not giving up and realizing that something is off and taking the time to get a second opinon...

Thank you for the bolded. When I mentioned this to a fellow LHCF-er, and they didn't seem to understand...you really don't want pictures of that floating around - to remind you...

I wrote on here about a year ago that I was suffering from what I believe was chemically induced alopecia areata from my medication. I was on a beta blocker which I discovered was a notorious cause of hair loss. I had to switch doctors in order to change medications because my doctor simply wouldn't listen to me or didn't think my concerns were valid enough to switch my medication. Even though I was finally able to get off the beta blocker, my hair still wouldn't grow.

I was almost ready to accept that I would eventually be completely bald but I couldn't quite accept it, so I decided to do some armchair research via the net. I sincerely believe that my little "discovery" caused my hair to grow back.

What I did was a modified Bargello's regimen. I took GNC UltraNourishair, Soy Isoflavones, Omega 3,6,9; and a Zinc supplement. I took Biotin and MSM on alternate days and used Bhringraj Oil (just bhringraj and sesame oil) daily on my scalp. Voila! In less than 3 weeks my hair started sprouting out of my bald spot which was about a 2 in circle.

I know that a Zinc supplement is not something everyone should use, but I had read that beta blockers can deplete the body of Zinc. I had blood tests done but nothing was out of the ordinary.

I'm sorry I don't have pictures but going bald is too depressing to want to take pictures of and I really didn't think anything would work to make my hair grow back.

I do want to add that I really believe the supplementation and Bhringraj oil were what got my hair to grow back and not just going off the medication because I had been off the medication for several months and saw no results until I started this particular regimen. It could be a coincidence but I really don't think so.

My hair isn't growing as fast as it used to, but at least it is growing. I use to get 3/4" a month and never had to worry about it not growing back after cutting it. I'm hoping that if I stay on this regimen eventually I'll get the growth that I used to get.

I have to co-sign on the research thing. It does pay off. I know it did for me and I'm glad it did for you too! Awesome!

Thanks everyone. It's been a long hard journey but I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I really hope my post will encourage others who are going through something similar. While I was researching I discovered there are an awful lot of women suffering from hair loss due to a beta blocker.

Congrats to you & glad you found something that works...Research always WORKS!
Wishing you more success ..

Happy Hair Growing!

Back