MY (ATTEMPT) AT A BUN!

in_di_vi_du_al

I am currently 8weeks post..
(stretching to 14 :ohwell:)
And my hair is growing like WILD FIRE! :drunk:
I LOVE IT!
I usually wear my hear in a wrap, but lately Ive been seeing a lot of
BREAKAGE!

So I attempted the bun everyone talks so highly about..
and this was the outcome..

IMG01098.jpg

I used Pantene Relaxed & Natural Daily Moisturizer
Some "Lets Jam" for my NG
and "Daily Doctor Leave-in & Cocoa Butter Oil" for my ends
:lick:

Are these products ok, or would you suggest something else
for daily bunning?

Last edited:
Nice bun. What did you use to make the donut?
I have no suggestions on products -- I'm still trying to figure out bunning myself.

Your bun looks nice! I only moisturize (with Mizhani Rose H20 or the Nightime Recovery Treatment) and seal with Grapeseed oil. I also use two black scrunchies: one to to put my hair in a loose pony and the other to secure my bun. I'm not sure about using gel everyday, so hopefully another poster will chime in soon.

:yep: Same here! I use Mizani Rose H20 Nighttime moisturizer and seal with EVOO. For edges, Traycee uses aloe vera gel and a brush, but she uses the brush only on her edges.

Last edited:
I use jam or gel for my edges but I do cowash.....
I use NTM Silken Seal to moisturize and no oils.

Your bun looks nice! I only moisturize (with Mizhani Rose H20 or the Nightime Recovery Treatment) and seal with Grapeseed oil. I also use two black scrunchies: one to to put my hair in a loose pony and the other to secure my bun. I'm not sure about using gel everyday, so hopefully another poster will chime in soon.

That`s the thing. I NEVER use "Let`s Jam" My sister just happened to have some handy, and my NG is DRIVING ME CRAZY! But with this bunning method Im going to make it to 14 weeks NO IF`s &`s OR MAYBE`S! :yep:

Your bun looks great! You could also use the scarf method so you dont have to use as much gel. I spray the top of my hair with moisturizer/water, brush lightly, and then tie it down with a scarf while I'm getting ready. When I take it off, its pretty flat. Also with the mineral oil in Jam and in Pantene R&N moistener, make sure you cowash/wash/clarify often to prevent build up!

Your bun looks all lovely and perfect.

I'd suggest swapping gel for something else. Maybe a moisturizer w/ aloe vera gel and tie it down w/ a scarf?

Nice bun! Your hair looks soft! I use Aubrey Organics Mandarin Gelly (and a scarf) for my edges, just as effective as brown gel with none of the bad stuff :lol:

You can also use ORS Loc & Twist Gel or plain ol aloe vera gel from Walmart

I am currently 8weeks post..
(stretching to 14 :ohwell:)
And my hair is growing like WILD FIRE! :drunk:
I LOVE IT!
I usually wear my hear in a wrap, but lately Ive been seeing a lot of
BREAKAGE!

So I attempted the bun everyone talks so highly about..
and this was the outcome..

IMG01098.jpg

I used Pantene Relaxed & Natural Daily Moisturizer
Some "Lets Jam" for my NG
and "Daily Doctor Leave-in & Cocoa Butter Oil" for my ends
:lick:

Are these products ok, or would you suggest something else
for daily bunning?

Beautiful bun!!!

cj

Back