My arms are tired

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I've been removing these braids from lastnight and still not done ....my arms hurt but I'm so anxious to see my new growth. The back is already shoulder length when stretched and it's just been 7 months since my BC!!!

Do what I do when I get bored of braiding or removing the braids: put on a hat until the next time I feel like going on. My reason isn't usually fatigue, which IMO is a good reason to stop. My reason for taking a break is usually sheer laziness. :lol:

Do what I do when I get bored of braiding or removing the braids: put on a hat until the next time I feel like going on. My reason isn't usually fatigue, which IMO is a good reason to stop. My reason for taking a break is usually sheer laziness. :lol:

:grin::grin::grin: :grin:
well I have to go to class and I have no hats so I just pulled all the hair back....I still have braids ontop

:grin::grin::grin: :grin:
well I have to go to class and I have no hats so I just pulled all the hair back....I still have braids ontop

Always start with the middle first then the back that way if your arms get tired you can always pull it back in some sort of low pony or bun.

I know the feeling, that is such a hard task. The worse thing is I never benefitted from it. Braids and me don't agree...

One of our LHCF sisters posted this link www.theunbraider.com it's a tool to help you take out braids quicker. I get the urge to get braids every now and then, so I bought one. It's a good tool. I haven't used it yet though, but i can see it's potential. Next time you get braids, maybe you should get one:yep: You can take out like 5 braids at a time, VERY quickly. I'm on my own everytime I take braids out because I don't trust anyone to help me- fear of cutting and pulling/ripping my hair, so I feel your pain. HTH

Hairapy thanks for the unbraider info....I will definitely invest in that

well I took one after the wash.......I was running late for class so I just did a wash n go ..it's all shrunken so I will take more pics later of how it looks stretched.

Attachments

• cimg2860.jpg
    cimg2860.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
more pics.....this is a result of almost 7 months since BC
cimg2864vd1.jpg

cimg2877ju0.jpg

cimg2874bs5.jpg

thanks to LHCF I'm seeing nice results..... I didn't know a thing about taking care of natural hair so I gotta say thanks to you ladies.

Nice growth. To retain what you've achieved, keep it braided or twisted. Little manipulation is what works for me.

Don't color! well, maybe try a rinse or henna would be better. I personally messed up my hair too many times using permanent dyes..they did nothing but dry out my already dry hair. I used Bigen once a few months ago thinking that it was better..now my colored hair is such a different texture than my new growth..in a year I'll probably cut like 2 inches off :ohwell:

BTW- you have very nice nails, they look healthy

Oh great growth!!! Keep up the progress, can't wait until I'm on your level. Also to poster who posted about the unbraider, thanks for that too, I just wonder how it works though.

Girl, if you want to color, do it now while your hair is short, so when it goes all dry and crazy and starts wanting to break off you won't lose TOO much hard work.... :look:

Okay, it might not be that bad, but every happy hair journey I've ever started (except this one, because I've learned my lesson) has ended with my hair sacrificed on the altar of 'ooooh!! RED hair!! PREEEETTTTYYY!!!'

If you have fine hair - don't do it.
If you have dry hair - don't do it.
If you have coarse hair - you might be able to get away with it.

If you want a nice, healthy red highlight, try henna.

And GORGEOUS hair, by the way - impressive growth, too!

Don't color! well, maybe try a rinse or henna would be better. I personally messed up my hair too many times using permanent dyes..they did nothing but dry out my already dry hair. I used Bigen once a few months ago thinking that it was better..now my colored hair is such a different texture than my new growth..in a year I'll probably cut like 2 inches off :ohwell:

BTW- you have very nice nails, they look healthy
ok I will try a rinse....I don't know much about the henna process, but I heard that I would have to buy then mix a bunch of stuff??? I don't have dry hair but it tends to appear dry plus winter drys it out too.

as for my nails....thanks for the compliment. I just let them grow then shape them how I want. I don't put extensions or acrylic on them.

@Nappywomyn....thanks for the advice too!

ok I will try a rinse....I don't know much about the henna process, but I heard that I would have to buy then mix a bunch of stuff??? I don't have dry hair but it tends to appear dry plus winter drys it out too.

as for my nails....thanks for the compliment. I just let them grow then shape them how I want. I don't put extensions or acrylic on them.

@Nappywomyn....thanks for the advice too!

Henna can be really simple (water, henna, conditioner) or it can be REALLY complicated (henna + half the kitchen cabinent). It really depends on what you want, where you are trying to go.

Feel free to PM me with any henna questions...

Henna can be really simple (water, henna, conditioner) or it can be REALLY complicated (henna + half the kitchen cabinent). It really depends on what you want, where you are trying to go.

Feel free to PM me with any henna questions...
:lachen:

I think I'd like to stick with the simplest method.

I'll pm you

Back