my apHOGEE experience

AngelicRose07

back from years of hiatus
im sitting under the dryer now, so all this is fresh in my mind

this sh*t is evil

1st i shook up the bottle, then it looked all bubbly. i was like, ok...its just bubbly.....this sh*t is like acid!

i poured it out, and a little too much came out in my hand and i just quickly let it drip on my hair, then some dripped on my neck THE SH*T BURNED!!!! my neck instantly got stiff. so i brushed it off and was like "whatever..i need to hurry up"

i put a lil in the back of my hair and was combing it thru(like instructions say) and the sh*t was already getting hard!
so i told myself i need to work fast, i need to work fast.

now, i didnt know i had a cut on my finger, but i found out when it starten burning like hell! i was like, wtf hurts like that?! i had to rinse my finger quickly.

now, mind you im in a sports bra and this sh*t is dripping on my back
so i had to go in the shower and shake some excess drips off... i now have a shirt draped around my shoulders.

this protein better be bomb b/c im gonna only use it like once a year!
hair broducts shouldnt cause pain!
frown.gif

the smell doesnt even bother me now, i cant smell it...im too worried about my finger! and it drying up on my neck

oook, i just touched my hair
it feels like someone killed it in rock hard gel
i think if i touch it again, a piece might just pop off
shocked.gif

its VERY HARD, the bottle says DO NOT COMB WHEN HAIR IS HARD(or something like that) now, what the hell kinda idiot would attempt to comb thru this sh*t?!
lachen70.gif

anywho, this little one will last for like 3 years, cuz ill only do it when i texturize. and that may happen like once or twice a year.

ok, just touched again, my hair feels all sticky on the ends
b/c they are still part wet

sorry for the vent guys, im just bored and my finger hurts! i hope you got a chuckle out of my my "experience" and let this be a warning to all the virgin apHOGEE users.

GOOD GRIEF! I'm sorry you had that bad of an experience, I'm glad I always steered clear of Aphogee products... but let us know how things turn out after your hair dries..

Yes protein is not for everybody. Also it is a professional products that means it is kind of strong and you need to work fast. Hope it will come out well for you. I only use Keraphyx which is lighter and I am happy with it.
wink.gif

lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif

I'm not laughing at you; the way you descibed that is just too funny!
I hope the end result is better for you!

Sorry to hear this sis.. but Aphogee is no joke. It is sticky and hard. Yulk and the smell is Yulk. However, I hear that it yeilds good results... so hang in there.

BTW, I have the little bottle too and have had it a while. I just the CPR Treatment more than the Aphogee.
look.gif

Please let us know how it turns out. You will need to moisturize thoroughly when you are done. It leave the hair with an odd feeling.

ok, i rinsed it out and put the balancing moisturizer in for like 10 minutes. my hair feels sooooo nice! its great when your hair doenst feel like an uncooked noodle! lol. now i have some AUSSIE moist sitting in it under the dryer. i know its a reg conditioner, but who cares
angeldevil.gif

ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN THAT ACID!!!

LMAO @ weaveitup!!! I needed your vivid experience to lighten my spirit. I am not doing anymore Aphogee treatments, seems like it does nothing for my natural hair. It worked wonders when I was relaxed.

I also love apoghee as well. But I do think that you should only use it every 6 weeks. otherwise it is too much protein.

I am a fan of Aphogee as well. I love it! It does wonders for my weave. Yes, I use it on my weave..The smell and the sticky dripping makes is next to impossible to endure but I bear down and use it
perplexed.gif
. Hang in there with the Aphogee, it's worth it
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
BchBlondeHoni said:
I am a fan of Aphogee as well. I love it! It does wonders for my weave. Yes, I use it on my weave..The smell and the sticky dripping makes is next to impossible to endure but I bear down and use it
perplexed.gif
. Hang in there with the Aphogee, it's worth it
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you use it on a weave???

no disrespect but that's like using nail hardener on acrylic nails....

I am a HUGE fan of the Aphogee, but it does takes some skills to get the hang of using it. Hopefully Weave you will learn from this experience and have a better method of applying it next time. I feel blessed because the smell doesn't bother me at all, but the way the Aphogee has my hair getting thicker and stronger with each application is worth it whether it smelled to me or not!!!

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
It smells like hot @ss left out in the sun
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, yeah...hot a$$ mixed with vomit!
lachen70.gif

also weaveitup, u should apply it while in the shower. That way, if any runs down ur back u can quickly rinse it off b/4 it gets sticky and hard. I gotten wayyy better then i use to be with it, so i sometimes do not need the papertowels that i wrap around my neck just in case a little drips from my hair
smile.gif

Thanks for posting WEAVEITUP! I the same experience with Aphogee. I wouldn't say that it burned my neck, but tingled. I too, had a cut on my finger once while using Aphogee, now that sh*t burned!! But Aphogee works great for me, so I just use gloves when I have a cut on my hand , and work quicker when putting it in.

lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
I laughed aloud reading this,at least you have a good sense of humor ..I do not loose any hair.. ever &&&&&&&&&& fingers crossed "thank the lord" and i use it every month .

my GOD!!! i was in Sally's and i remember how everyone said that this stuff stinks. nothing could prepare me for the stench that came out of that bottle. It smelled like somebody died. or just like caramelhonee said "hot booty"

lol, yeah..the smell is nothing pretty. BUT i forgot all about it last night! lol. i think ill only do this deep aphogee every 6 months and do BETTER smelling less heavy duty protein treatments every 6 weeks.

Back