My Album

honey4real

Hello all, I am new to the forum, but I have been lurking for a while. lol.:grin: I am truly inspired by your albums and it makes me more anxious to achieve my hair goals. I have picked up so many good tips from you all and have started creating my fotki album. Since I am just starting out I wanted to know if you guys could stop by and let me know what you think, I am open to as much advice as you can offer, after all I am learning from the BEST.:D

Cholet112 said:
YAH!!!! Another newbie! Welcom chica. I will definitely check you out.

Thank You Cholet112, your album is one that I have reviewed and I must say your results are quite amazing !!:)

Welcome girlie :weird: ! I am so haapy you're here! I checked out your album. You are making a great start and I am sure you will reach your goals. It will be exciting for you, and us :rofl: . You do a good job with your sew-ins :yep:

songbyrd517 said:
Welcome girlie :weird: ! I am so haapy you're here! I checked out your album. You are making a great start and I am sure you will reach your goals. It will be exciting for you, and us :rofl: . You do a good job with your sew-ins :yep:

Thank you songbyrd, I checked out your album too ! You have some nice progress. I can't wait until I start seeing some progress.:grin:

Last edited:
honey4real said:
Hello all, I am new to the forum, but I have been lurking for a while. lol.:grin: I am truly inspired by your albums and it makes me more anxious to achieve my hair goals. I have picked up so many good tips from you all and have started creating my fotki album. Since I am just starting out I wanted to know if you guys could stop by and let me know what you think, I am open to as much advice as you can offer, after all I am learning from the BEST.:D

Welcome honey4real!
I checked out your fotki and it's looking good! This is a great place to learn and share what you know. In no time, you will be rocking healthy, long hair! I like your style!:Flahsssss

I don't know how much heat you are using (you mentioned using the Sedu) so I wanted to suggest you start with a "no" heat or "minimal" heat challenge for a couple of months. What is your regimen or have you adopted one yet?

honey4real said:

Honey4real welcome, your doing good...grow dat hair GURL....you got some good products...now let's do thissss:)

january noir said:
Welcome honey4real!
I checked out your fotki and it's looking good! This is a great place to learn and share what you know. In no time, you will be rocking healthy, long hair! I like your style!:Flahsssss

I don't know how much heat you are using (you mentioned using the Sedu) so I wanted to suggest you start with a "no" heat or "minimal" heat challenge for a couple of months. What is your regimen or have you adopted one yet?

Thanks for your suggestion and compliment january noir, right now my regimen is
washing 2x a week and condition 1x a week
MTG weekly
moisturize 2x a day
minimal/no heat- ( I only used heat to show my starting point in my album, before that the last time I used heat was in October)
and I keep my hair in a sew in for 4-5 weeks, after that I bun my hair with a baggy for 2 weeks and wear a fall
I am stretching my relaxers to at least 3 months to start eventually I want to stretch to 5-6 months
my last relaxer was in October

honey4real said:
Thanks for your suggestion and compliment january noir, right now my regimen is
washing 2x a week and condition 1x a week
MTG weekly
moisturize 2x a day
minimal/no heat- ( I only used heat to show my starting point in my album, before that the last time I used heat was in October)
and I keep my hair in a sew in for 4-5 weeks, after that I bun my hair with a baggy for 2 weeks and wear a fall
I am stretching my relaxers to at least 3 months to start eventually I want to stretch to 5-6 months
my last relaxer was in October

:cool: Sounds like you are set up just fine for success. Only thing I would change is to deep condition each time you wash your hair instead of 1x a week. HTH!

HAPPY HAIR GROWING! :dance7:

january noir said:
:cool: Sounds like you are set up just fine for success. Only thing I would change is to deep condition each time you wash your hair instead of 1x a week. HTH!

HAPPY HAIR GROWING! :dance7:

Thanks for your suggestion, could you recommend a good deep conditioner I could purchase from a BSS? I like Cathy Howse's conditioner but I need to place an order. Thank You in Advance.:)

january noir said:
Welcome honey4real!

I agree with January Noir....

honey4real said:
Hello Re-ce, I just checked out your album and you have some long and pretty hair.

Thank you sweetie...you get the first door prize..cause I just put it back up..
I just need to add a regime. Yours is already on point..keep it up. I look foward to swapping ideas and tips.

honey4real said:
Thank You!, I am in cleveland, what part are you from, if you don't mind me asking.

I'm in Akron---not far from u at all!! I know there r others in Cleveland too---we need to have a NE Ohio LHCF Meet-Up!:look:

ayoung1981 said:
I'm in Akron---not far from u at all!! I know there r others in Cleveland too---we need to have a NE Ohio LHCF Meet-Up!:look:

Exactly, I was searching the site trying to see if I could find an LHCF Meeting in Ohio too...

Back