MY 8-MONTH UPDATE!!!! w/pics...

Dejhara

oK ladies,
I just had to share my update pics with some women who understand this journey. Although Ive still got a long road ahead of me to be where some of you are, I am SOOOO PROUD OF MYSELF!!!! :grin: I basically stayed away from heat and chemicals by wearing kinky twists, and a few sew-ins, and ive only had 2 relaxers so far this year (dec '09-now). Im slowing trying to convince my little sister to get on board with this program, but she never believes what I say until a complete stranger says it lol. so if any of you have any before/after pics or stories to encourage her, PLEASE SHARE.
Thanks guys.

Attachments

• user171322_pic28662_1262736604.jpg
    user171322_pic28662_1262736604.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 194
  • user171322_pic28666_1262736604.jpg
    user171322_pic28666_1262736604.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 177
  • CIMG0268.jpg
    CIMG0268.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 183
  • CIMG0270.jpg
    CIMG0270.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
looking good girl your sis CANT deny the beauty and difference in these pics! :yep:
I've barely started my own journey and I can't wait to see progress too!

Even though you have a long way to go...your off to a GOOD start! Your hair looks shiny and healthy. Congrats on your progress!
BTW...your sis can check out my blog to look @ my progress. I'm a major slow grower but my hair is growing....lol

WOW! I'm proud of you too! Your hair looks so shiny and healthy. I hope I gain that much length in 8mos!!

You've done a complete 180 degree turnaround! Your hair looks so healthy! Now comes the crappy part of waiting for the length to come. :ohwell:

Keep up the good work girl!

Your hair looks very healthy (loving the shine and those ends) and you're not doing half bad in the length department either. Keep up the good work!

Wow! Great progess.

What did you use to get your nape in shape? You've been putting the perm on that last? What are doing with your hair while in the kinky twist and sew ins?

Looks like a different head of hair. Whatever you're doing keep it up. Your hair looks so shiny and healthy.

Fantastic progress in both retention and health! Your hair is CLEARLY in much better condition now than it was 8 months ago! Keep up the fantastic work lady!

You are off to a great start. I can see you have been taking care of your hair. You have a thick head of hair , your ends look nice too..

Wow! Great progess.

What did you use to get your nape in shape? You've been putting the perm on that last? What are doing with your hair while in the kinky twist and sew ins?

While i was in the kinky twists and sew-ins, i kept my hair moisturized using wave nouveau and sealing with olive oil, not too much, just enough that it wasnt all dry. i washed and conditioned my scalp and exposed hair probably every 2 weeks. And yep, i relaxed my hair from the top, and worked my way down. It probably helped that i got a trim everytime i got a new weave, to eventually catch up with all the damaged ends. Other than that, nothing special. I think i just finally realized that my hair doesnt like heat or chemicals.

THANKS LADIES FOR ALL THE ENCOURAGEMENT!!!! IM LOOKIN FORWARD TO DOIN A 1YR UPDATE IN A FEW MONTHS.

Congratulations on your progress.
Your hair looks so healthy and shiny, that should be enough to make your sis a believer.

Wow that's amazing progress. Your hair looks so lush and healthy. Your sister should join just by looking at your before and after pictures.

IMO the hardest part about hair is finding out what works for you and getting it healthy again, and you've done that. Gaining length now will be so much easier now and it will grow long and healthy =)

What a difference! it looks so healthy and silky-shiny now. Your ends look really good in the pics. The length will come :yep:

Beautiful progress! :yep: if ur sister doesnt see the proof in ur hair.. I dont know what will convince her! Great job, keep up the fabness :yep:

I don't think you should even mention the long road ahead....you really have to stop and just revel in the progress you've made. Your before and afters look like a totally different head of hair! I know you're proud of yourself. Your after pics look so healthy and shiny and lush. Congrats on your progress

Your sister will come around when she decides to value her hair more, it aint your battle. :)

Back