My 3 month stretching out my relaxer anniversary

LondonDiva

Today is my 3 month stretching out my relaxer anniversary. It's the longest EVER I've gone between touch ups. I last relaxed on the 31st May and am aiming not to relax until New years eve.

Put it this way I have so much new growth, If I got knocked over by a motorbike tomorrow (god forbid) I'd survive from the cushioning
laugh.gif

Lord now I'm scared to step out of my house. I say such stupid things
spank.gif

To all those that are stretching out their relaxers or transisitiong keep up the good work.
clap.gif

Cheers
cheers.gif

WOW! Congrats.
How are you going to wear your hair for the next three months? I can't make it past 13 weeks.

[ QUOTE ]
LondonDiva said:
Today is my 3 month stretching out my relaxer anniversary. It's the longest EVER I've gone between touch ups. I last relaxed on the 31st May and am aiming not to relax until New years eve.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
msportugal said:
yeah, good job. Now be careful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will do
smile.gif
I'm taking care of it with some serious TLC

Why are you stretching your relaxers for such a long period of time?

How are you keeping the demarcation line intact?

[ QUOTE ]
lunalight7 said:
Congrats LD!!! You gonna have some long a$$ hair when you relax in December!

[/ QUOTE ]

You better believe it. That's my aim.

[ QUOTE ]
foxybronx said:
WOW! Congrats.
How are you going to wear your hair for the next three months? I can't make it past 13 weeks.

[ QUOTE ]
LondonDiva said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the same way I usually do in a boring tucked under ponytail
laugh.gif

I don't mind really when I know all the hard work is worth it. I use my ceramic iron once a week to smoothe the new growth to mimise tangling also. It's working a treat. When I press my hair with ceramic you could never tell I had 3 months new growth. It looks like I got it relaxed just yesterday.

[ QUOTE ]
Crysdon said:
Why are you stretching your relaxers for such a long period of time?

How are you keeping the demarcation line intact?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks DSD
wave.gif

Cryson

I notice that even every 6 or 8 weeks is too frequent. There are areas of my hair the front, that has the potential to grow just as long as the others, but it grows fairly slowly like the hairline at the front. And even though it's not damaged it could be fuller. All in all the use of my ceramic iron has helped tremendously in being able to stretch out my relaxer. My hair feels so much thicker, and there's less room for overprocessing (I self relax) and an opportunity for other areas to grow.

The line of demarcation is not a problem. I don't relax bone straight anyway so there's no real tension or stress around this area. I'm just very light handed and handle my hair with ease when untangling. I never comb when wet during this stage either, that a huge no no for me. I will air dry and then gently 'preen' the hair apart. Very minimal hair loss doing it this way. I also have a bone comb which is excellent that I got off of ebay from a seller called Hairsense. I didn't realise how much static my plastic comb actually caused. I only use this to untangle at the ends because unless I've straightened that hair there is NO WAY I'm going to be able to comb from root to tip.

OK, that makes sense. You're going to be pleasantly surprised when you do get your touch-up.
smile.gif
I remember how happy I was with my hair when I went from natural to texturized and how my hair would stay after a blow-out instead of shrinking back into curls.

Good luck and please post pics of your results.

Thanks girl
smile.gif

I must be the only long time member on here that hasn't posted pics. I'm going to get them developed on CD and upload them into my fokti account.

LD I'm with ya girl! I usually go 3 months in between relaxers too. This time I am 20 weeks post touch up ( I've been wearing braids off and on since April).

I took out my braids on Sat and OH MY GOODNESS! The new growth was like WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I am holding out til Sept. 10 to touch up. I usually self relax but I got about 3 inches of new growth in some areas so I'm going on to my stylist and let her do it.

I haven't posted any pics either but I might if all goes well!

[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
LD- i am so happy this is working out for you....

Happy Growing, Girlie.....
clap.gif
clap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks SherryLove.

How is your transition going??

**GASP** and your G-daughter is so beautiful. Can you FedEx her over???

[ QUOTE ]
simplycee said:
LD I'm with ya girl! I usually go 3 months in between relaxers too. This time I am 20 weeks post touch up ( I've been wearing braids off and on since April).

I took out my braids on Sat and OH MY GOODNESS! The new growth was like WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I am holding out til Sept. 10 to touch up. I usually self relax but I got about 3 inches of new growth in some areas so I'm going on to my stylist and let her do it.

I haven't posted any pics either but I might if all goes well!

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats simplycee
clap.gif

I'm daunting the touchup process but I'm going to spread it out over 2 days. I already relax in sections so I'm sure I can manage 2 relaxing days over a 7 month period.

LD

How are you getting on with Aitlen WGO, castor oil and coconut oil? What about the smell of the WGO? This is all natural stuff which I would like to try but the SMELL!!!

That WGO stuck to my hair like glue. I had to go searching on Bank holiday monday to find the elasta QP bodyfying shampoo to strip my hair clean. It also coated my scalp. Thank god for that shampoo. I better redo my signature!

Congrats!!! You're gonna love your results in December. Even if you don't gain lots of length the thickness will make you just as happy.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
lovelymissyoli said:
Congrats on your growth. How many inches would you say you have from being 3 months post-relaxer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh at the most 2 inches. Averaging about 2 thirds of an inch a month.
smile.gif

congarts. I cant wait too see the pics. I'm getting close to my 3 month mark too. It seem like your doing a gret job keeping the two textures. Not relaxing bone straight really makes it easier.

Back