My 2 Week Progress using Shikakai Powder/Oil, Amla oil!

CORBINS

Hello Ladies:
I just wanted to share my progress with everyone. As you may know, I've been using Shikakai powder, Shikakai oil, Amla Oil and Baking Soda to care for my hair. I use a Shikakai Rinse to cleanse my scalp and have been trying to massage consistently for the past few weeks with Shikakai and Amla Oils. I discontinued shampoo in the beginning of November, right before I had my pressing incident. After my pressing incident, I had to trim 1 inch from my hair which set me back.

I took some pictures a few days before Christmas and I just took some today because I decided to re-braid a few braids in my nape area. I really think these products are amazing, I didn't believe I would see any results this quickly!
I tried to upload the attachments, but it failed. The pictures are located in my fotki. Thanks for looking!

One more thing. I measured a braid and I have 1 inch new growth. I've been in braids since 17 November 2007. It has been 1.5 months.

Last edited:
Hello Ladies:
I just wanted to share my progress with everyone. As you may know, I've been using Shikakai powder, Shikakai oil, Amla Oil and Baking Soda to care for my hair. I use a Shikakai Rinse to cleanse my scalp and have been trying to massage consistently for the past few weeks with Shikakai and Amla Oils. I discontinued shampoo in the beginning of November, right before I had my pressing incident. After my pressing incident, I had to trim 1 inch from my hair which set me back.

I took some pictures a few days before Christmas and I just took some today because I decided to re-braid a few braids in my nape area. I really think these products are amazing, I didn't believe I would see any results this quickly!
I tried to upload the attachments, but it failed. The pictures are located in my fotki. Thanks for looking!
Wow, that is some great progress!!!!! Please share your regimen, Im getting my hair braided today and I would love to try this as well. Congrats on the growth Corbins:grin:

Hello Missnurselady: Thank you! My regimine is really simple.

-Rebraid every 2 weeks
-Wash once sometimes twice per week with Shikakai powder rinse (2tbs Shikakap powder, 1 tbsp EVOO, add water until satisfied). Keep in for 1-2 hours, massaging for about 10 mins. Rinsing with really warm water
-Deep condition with every wash under hooded dryer.
-Massage daily with shikikai, amla, castor oil mixture (all equal parts)

That's pretty much it!

23_34_2.gif
thats great!!You are doing a great job!

That is VERY impressive!! So you use the shikakai in your still braided hair? I wanted to try it, but I didn't want to take my twists down.... hrrrm.... I might experiment this weekend!

That is VERY impressive!! So you use the shikakai in your still braided hair? I wanted to try it, but I didn't want to take my twists down.... hrrrm.... I might experiment this weekend!

Yes, I have braid extensions and so far, I don't have any problems with getting it out. I always rinse in the shower with a detachable shower head.

:grin: I just received my Shikakai (with marigold & jaswand) bar, Dabur Amla oil, and Dabur Vatika coconut oil......
Oh, and I got a free pack of Maggi Masala 2 minute noodles too :lachen:.

I can't wait to wash my hair tonight!

Awesome progress!!! So you just wash with the Shikakai mix like shampoo??? But you said you let it sit for 1-2 hours??? Is this under a shower a cap???

You grow, girl! That's some fast growth, keep doin what you're doin!

Wow!! I just started using the Shikakai bar, but maybe I should try the powder, huh? :scratchch

Great progress!! :yep:

when you say you massage daily with the shikakai powder ,amla, and oil do you wash it out? or does this particular mixture just stay on the scalp?

Great Growth, Corbins. I, too am an ayurvedic lover. I use a herbal rinse( shikakai powder, tulsi powder, neem powder and aritha powder) daily after cowashing. I also use Himgange ayurvedic oil (seem not pleasant to others but it is cooling on the scalp). I love it. I also henna weekly.

Corbins,
Looking good girl. I swear, you naturals are convincing me yet!!!:yep: I didn't think of making it like a paste. I will try that on wash day tomorrow night, b/c I did the tea rinse last week and since I couldn't leave it completely on my head without being sopping wet, I had to scrunch my hair. :perplexed I still love the results of the Swastik Shikakai, that stuff is off tha chain!!! :lachen:

I'mma try to make the paste and hopefully it won't give me grief washing it out.

Back