my 1st Lace Front & the verdict is - meh.

sonycmyst

So I thought it would be a good idea to get a LF wig for the winter time, because I'm freezing right now with only 1 inch of hair on my head and I'd rather not deal with it until it grows out a bit. I got this Model Model "Vivid" synthetic one (wanted to try it out before i invested in a HH wig).
I have to say, I'm underwhelmed. I dunno...maybe I have to get used to it, as it's been over a decade since I've worn weaves, but I just feel a tad uncomfortable. I'm not convinced the hairline looks as natural as it should/could. I feel it looks about as natural as this Halloween wig (I was Real from "Real Chance at Love"...lol). Anyway, this is my first time with one of these, so I'm probably being paranoid about my inexperience.
Also, it may be the style that's really bugging me. It's so plain looking. My boyfriend described it as "bookish"...haha. What do you ladies think? Any suggestions? It's about an inch away from my wastebasket right now! :ohwell:
(please excuse me - i'm recovering from a cold and looking a hot mess)

Attachments

• lf1.jpg
    lf1.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 382
  • lf3.jpg
    lf3.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 340
  • lf4.jpg
    lf4.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 352
  • lf5.jpg
    lf5.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 353
  • realwig1.jpg
    realwig1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 369
thank you :)
my mom told me to sleep on it and give it another chance tomorrow, lol. it'll probably grow on me!

lol @ your halloween costume! :lol:

i think they look great, especially the first one, & the hairline on it.

the long one is a LOT of hair, though! looks good but it must tangle like nobody's business!

i'm LFing it right now too & my wig is BSL, & i have to untangle it every 45 seconds, lol!

if you don't mind me asking:

- what brand(s) are they?
- how much did you pay?
- where did you buy from?

It shapes your face well. It is a little thick, BUT not bulky.

Would you consider thinning it a little? I think that would do the trick.

lol @ your halloween costume! :lol:

i think they look great, especially the first one, & the hairline on it.

the long one is a LOT of hair, though! looks good but it must tangle like nobody's business!

i'm LFing it right now too & my wig is BSL, & i have to untangle it every 45 seconds, lol!

if you don't mind me asking:

- what brand(s) are they?
- how much did you pay?
- where did you buy from?
http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/Vie...it=30&value1=vivid&value2=0&value3=0&search=0

and yes, my Real costume was on point, haha... my bf (who is 6'4" and white) was Chance. It was HI-larious.

It shapes your face well. It is a little thick, BUT not bulky.

Would you consider thinning it a little? I think that would do the trick.
YES, that is definitely necessary... now to go search the forums on how exactly to do that! :scratchch:

i dont think theyre that bad. If you are up for it, maybe you can get the longer wig cut/layered/styled to make it look more natural and more custom

You look completely different! Cute, but, girl, what were you trying to do, covering up that gorgeous face with some fake hurr? :naughty:

i like it on you--and think your purty!!!

to me it gives your innocent look a bit of an edge---and the long onei s kewl tooo---but im not a fan of heavy bangs--i like wispy bangs

Ahh I was under the impression that the last picture was the wig from halloween that you used to dress up as real? I'm lost when it comes to wigs. I like the bob one but I guess it's because I get self consious with long fake hair and I actually never sported a bob before.

I know some beauty salons can cut wigs for you so if you're not confident on doing it yourself there's that option. I'm sure there's plenty of youtube videos to help you out with it though.

Actually its really cute... one of the better LF I have seen IMO

and I wish I could have seen ur costume, bet it was great!

Ahh I was under the impression that the last picture was the wig from halloween that you used to dress up as real? I'm lost when it comes to wigs. I like the bob one but I guess it's because I get self consious with long fake hair and I actually never sported a bob before.

I know some beauty salons can cut wigs for you so if you're not confident on doing it yourself there's that option. I'm sure there's plenty of youtube videos to help you out with it though.
YES - you got it right. I am NOT trying to sport that wig. It was from Halloween, lol.

Back