My 1st Henna w/pics of course

SimplyBlessed

:grin::grin:Ok so ladies I did a henna on Monday (Yay go me:woot:) & wanted to share my experience b/c you all have given me so much advice, reviews, etc...

So this is what I did...Basically I wanted to henna for conditioning purposes and for thickening purposes (b/c I hear over time that your hair can get thicker from henna and I did a poll on this a little while ago http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=390820&highlight=)

Anywho the process was not as messy as I thought it would be and it was in a way RELAXING lol idk...

I used the method that curlynikki uses (http://www.curlynikki.com/search/label/CurlyNikki Vids- How-to Pictorials) - green tea, 150-200g henna, and honey!! I used Jamila (sp?) henna and let the mix sit for about 2 hrs as I was not concerned about color...
My henna after mixing I thought it should be more green but it was very brown :ohwell:
DSC01147.jpg

Ok I let it sit in my hair for maybe 2.5 hours maybe 3 but I doubt it...Like I said not really wanting too much color but conditioning
Waiting....rough:lachen:
DSC01146.jpg

About to wash it out....
didn't look like I thought it would but maybe I did not apply it right...
DSC01149.jpg

Straight out the shower...(darn heat damage curl in there lol)
DSC01152.jpg

Next day in daylight...
DSC01159.jpg

SO overall process was easy...do not know why some ppl say that it is drying...my hair felt sooooo soft :grin: I will be doing this again...I do think I added tooo much water to my mix so I will watching out for that next time...hopefully this does help with thickness b/c I need it!!

now...(don't be laughing at my hair) lol the front of my hair is very heat damaged but some how henna helped it to revert so ladies if ur suffering from heat damage henna and DC's may help...

Heat damage b4 henna: (I was actually doing a length check on that section of my hair but thats for another thread)
DSC01130.jpg

After henna: (still a little str8 but much better and conditioned)
DSC01156.jpg

Ok ladies thanks for all the advice and help so far on my hair care journey... I never thought I would henna!! But I will def do it again

Last edited:
it looks great. i dont think i will be trying henna anytime soon but your hair looks nice. i hope you get the thickness you were looking for.

it looks great. i dont think i will be trying henna anytime soon but your hair looks nice. i hope you get the thickness you were looking for.

come on!! try it!! if I can u do it u can do it!! lol j/k well when or if u do it let me know!!

WOW! look at those ringlets! Your hair looks nice :)
When I first tried henna -I used too much water as well, but it got better and I am loving the thickness it gives my fine curls. :yep: Have you experienced any dryness?

Thanks for sharing. Your hair looks great!! I can't wait to try it. I cut most of my heat damage out but it's nice to know this can help. I like the subtle color it gave you as well.

You got great results. I love henna.
Is your hair BSL? I'm glad the henna brought back some of your natural curl.
How often do you straighten?

WOW! :yep: Have you experienced any dryness?

No...I didn't have any dryness and I was sooooo scared of that!! my hair actually felt very soft and moisturized...mmmm

You got great results. I love henna.
Is your hair BSL? I'm glad the henna brought back some of your natural curl.
How often do you straighten?

I think i'm BSL....my siggy pics seems to be but I was stretching my hair and I think it is longer now...I'm trying to hold out on the heat so we will see when I straighten...hopefully it will be MBL...

I use to straighten soooo much when I would wear sew ins to blend, hence why the front part of my hair heat damaged...but I haven't had heat in my hair since April/May which is a big step for me :yep:...trying to hold out atleast until Thanksgiving or Christmas!! plus there's no need b/c I live in Florida and it is toooooo hot!! Reversion waiting to happen!!

Thanks so much, Simplyblessed. This really helps me a lot because I've been wanting to do a henna treatment. Mscocoface is another natural who uses henna frequently, and it works well for her.

Your hair looks really good. That's interesting how it helped some of your natural curl come back...I didn't expect that at all.

I keep wanting to try henna. Maybe sometime in the future.

I love that headband around the shower cap trick. I am definitely going to be using that! I use a lot of water in my mix too and I think that's why it isn't drying. When I mix it seems like henna can soak up a lot of water and if you don't have enough in your mix than I think it takes it from the hair instead which causes dryness.

I love that headband around the shower cap trick. I am definitely going to be using that! I use a lot of water in my mix too and I think that's why it isn't drying. When I mix it seems like henna can soak up a lot of water and if you don't have enough in your mix than I think it takes it from the hair instead which causes dryness.

that makes sense!! :scratchch

Nice!

I keep saying I will henna soon and I still haven't, I'm so lazy! My last henna was in May. Wow 4 months ago!

Thanks for sharing and I hope you get what you want from henna :-)

Your hair turned out very nice! I'm glad your results turned out well. :grin: Did you mix anything else in your mix besides water?

Your hair turned out very nice! I'm glad your results turned out well. :grin: Did you mix anything else in your mix besides water?

I steeped 4 bags of green tea in the water after heating it....then after letting the mix sit...b4 I applied it I added some honey!!

I still think I used 2 much water but it wasnt drying so I guess more water is good....

Last edited:
Back