MY 1ST HENNA EXPERIENCE(PICS)

preciousfa02

SO I WANTED TO TRY HENNA AFTER READING ALL OF THE BENEFITS...I WAS A BIT DISAPPOINTED WITH THE COLOR (NOT REALLY MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN THE END RESULT) BUT I LOVED THE WAY IT MADE MY HAIR FEEL. I AM 3 MONTHS POST RELAXER & MY HAIR TYPE IS UNKNOWN (TO ME)
THE FIRST PIC-PRE POO W/ALMA & COCONUT OIL
2ND-FRESH POO NO ADD'L PRODUCT
3RD-ITEMS USED
4TH-DAMP HAIR WITH HENNA
5TH-HAIR WITH 10 EN 1

Attachments

• 101_2207.jpg
    101_2207.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 120
  • 101_2209.jpg
    101_2209.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 149
  • 101_2217.jpg
    101_2217.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 101_2223.jpg
    101_2223.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 101_2227.jpg
    101_2227.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
THE FOLLOWING PICS ARE THE AFTER:drunk:
1ST-ROLLERSET
2ND-BEFORE FLAT IRON NG
3RD& 4TH-FINAL (HAD TO DO A QUICK BUN=HUMID:wallbash:)
THANKS FOR LOOKING.....:grin:

Attachments

• 101_2231.jpg
    101_2231.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 101_2236.jpg
    101_2236.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 101_2241.jpg
    101_2241.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 101_2242.jpg
    101_2242.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 128
Your hair is GORGEOUS! Beautiful Color!!!

366381680.jpg

What is Surya Henna? Is it BAQ henna? Im really suprised that it didn't deposit alot of color. In your pic with the henna it doesn't even look like there is anything in your hair. How long did you leave your henna sitting? How long did you leave it in your hair? Either way your hair is VERY pretty and it looks a little thicker.

Last edited:
The henna came in a small bottle about 4oz...the directions said 4 mins for relaxed & 60 mins for natural hair. Even though the color pay off wasn't that great the henna made my hair feel moisturized and soft...and to my surprise stronger

The henna came in a small bottle about 4oz...the directions said 4 mins for relaxed & 60 mins for natural hair. Even though the color pay off wasn't that great the henna made my hair feel moisturized and soft...and to my surprise stronger
I do not think you used henna. People put "henna" on the name of things but its not real henna. Henna is almost always in powder form because once its mixed with water it only lasts for so long. Does this bottle have ingredients on it? When I asked how long you left your henna sitting I meant after you mixed it. Henna comes as a powder that is mixed with water (or juice or yogurt) and left to set to let the color release. If you use it as soon as you mix it you will not get much color because it hasn't had time to release. I don't want to seem annoying but some people lable things "henna" and its really not; they put chemicals in it that can cause allergic reactions and skin irritation.

Last edited:
Never mind. I googled it. That is NOT real henna. Henna only comes in ONE color and if it isn't in powder form you shoudl question the seller. What you used is some chemical mixture that someone made up and slapped the word henna on. I found the ingredient list

Water/Aqua, Ethoxydiglcol(and)Methylpyrrolidone, Tall Oil Acid(and)Ethylene
Glycol(and)Cocamide Dea(and)Diethanolamine(and)Monoethanolamine(and)Oleamide
Mipa, Acrylates Copolymer(and) PPG-1 Trideceth-6 (and) Mineral Oil,
Lawsonia Inermis(Henna)Leaves Extract, Arnica Montana Extract, Phyllanthus
Emblica(Amla),Fruit Extract, Paullinia Cupana(Guarana),Fruit Extract, Honey
Extract,Chamomilla Recutita(Matricaria)Extract, Achillea
Millefollum(Yarrow)Extract, Malva Sylvestris(Mallow)Extract, Coryhis
Rostrata (Hazel), Seed Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa(Carrot)Root Extract,
Euterpe Oleracea(Acal)Fruit Extract, Ziziphus joaseiro(jua)Bark Extract,Aloe
Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia(Acerola) Fruit Extract,
Berttholletia Excelsa(Brazil Nut) Seed Extract, May contain: HC Yellow 2, HC
Yellow 4, HC Yellow 5, Disperse Blue 3, Disperse Blue 7 HC Red 1, HC Red 3,
Disperse Black 9, Disperse Violet 1, HC Blue 2
http://suryahenna.naturalproductsshopping.com/ingr/ingr495130.cfm
Henna is very low on the list and AFTER mineral oil.

If you are looking for the Indian/African/Middle Eastern henna most of the ladies use here, try hennaforhair.com or your local Indian shop.

Last edited:
Despite the concerns over purity, I'm gonna give this a try. I imagine the mineral oil washes out. My only question is how hard is this to rinse out- my hair is thick thick when wet. That's what scares me off of the powders.

Beautiful and FYI, you will see a change in color over the course of the next couple of weeks. I think it looks awesome girlfriend.:grin:

I do not think you used henna. People put "henna" on the name of things but its not real henna. Henna is almost always in powder form because once its mixed with water it only lasts for so long. Does this bottle have ingredients on it? When I asked how long you left your henna sitting I meant after you mixed it. Henna comes as a powder that is mixed with water (or juice or yogurt) and left to set to let the color release. If you use it as soon as you mix it you will not get much color because it hasn't had time to release. I don't want to seem annoying but some people lable things "henna" and its really not; they put chemicals in it that can cause allergic reactions and skin irritation.

I was about to chime in ,Diva ... but you hit right on ! lol btw love the Miss Ross Pic !

Precious... if you use a pure henna , you will get much better color .. but in no way is easy and quick to use as as the Suyra lol ..
look on the Henna thread for tips .. and if you like the Suyra ... by all means do you ! :)

Yes ladies, stick with the powder henna. It's not that hard to rinse out actually. And it's not all that messy. Make sure you get one that can be used on relaxed hair.

With that said, you have gorgeous hair!! :)

Very nice! I made a huge mistake when i did henna.. i only did it once... i over loaded my hair with it and it broke off.. prob 4 inches or more :blush:

It was my first hair set back lol. glad to see urs came out lovely.

Back