My 1st BKT w/Soft-Liss Experience

texasqt

:grin: My pics are in my fotki for my first BKT application. I used Soft-Liss Morango and there's sooo much that I want to say about it but at minimum I'm going to stick with it until its all gone. :yep: I'm almost 6 months post relaxer and I've been wearing my hair in braids for the past 3 months. Because of this I washed first with KeraCare and only twice with the clarifying shampoo.

With this treatment my hair is relaxer straight!!! BUT not from the product alone. I used my 1-inch Sedu on 410 and did more than 6 passes. I noticed the more I flat ironed the less sticky it became. I'm not sure about all the blowdrying as I did notice a lot of broken hairs :nono:(skipped naked blowdry but blowdried the treatment in and blowdried to style with hot air brush). My type 4 hair is thick but fragile so I may need to find another alternative.

The process took me forever (7/8 hours) and I did not wash the treatment out in 1 hour. I slept with it overnight and washed it out this morning. The wash out was pleasant and my hair overall is soft and manageable. I had absolutely no problems with the fumes and I didn't do anything special to prepare for it other than keep the 2 doors to my bathroom open. I did get a little teary-eyed when the steam from flat ironing got in my face. I'll be doing a root touch up next weekend and I'm going to get a trim today so I'll post that pic later.

Showing Texture with Clarifying Shampoo applied
DSC05590-vi.jpg

DSC05600-vi.jpg

Top of hair with treatment applied and flat ironing. Opposite side had been blown dry.
DSC05632-vi.jpg

DSC05639-vi.jpg

Texture Shot
DSC05653-vi.jpg

Final pic - After cold rinsing mask, drying and flat ironing again. Just realized I didn't take many pictures of the end result.
DSC05671-vi.jpg

One more picture to come after I get my hair trimmed.:grin:

Last edited:
Wow. That IS relaxer straight! Very nice results!
WHat type of blowdryer/blowdrying method did you use?

The blowdryer I used was a Revlon Hot Air Brush 1500w from Targe' :grin: It has Tourmaline Ionic Nano-Ceramic Technology - not that I really know if it makes a difference - it just sounds like it does :lachen: I think I'm returning it and just going to use my regular hand held dryer with the PinkSkates tension method.
41puFbvBu%2BL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Great Job!! I was thinking about u this morning, wondering it you did it or not.

I did and it took all night and all morning too! Hopefully my next application won't take as long.

looks great!
I would love to see how it holds up over time. please post phots and more thoughts on the process and product.

Will do!

Nice! I decided after much thought to do another bkt and not put kinky twists in. I was going to wait until december to do another treatment, but I'm doing it tommorrow. I love your results!

Nice! I decided after much thought to do another bkt and not put kinky twists in. I was going to wait until december to do another treatment, but I'm doing it tommorrow. I love your results!

When did you do your last one? I'm trying to figure out how often I may need to plan to do this.

Loves it!!!!!! I'm drooling over here. Going to my Miami next week and will be getting a BKT using Coppola! Definitely have to get after seeing that. Beautiful!!!!

I think I've been butchered :perplexed
My trim of course turned into a cut because my regular guy wasn't in today. WHY OH WHY?!?!?!? I should have left when the lady said - I'm going to have to cut your hair above your shoulder blades :perplexed She was pointing to my short side and talking about breakage. But my short side is short because I cut it short like that on accident one day while taking out braids not because of breakage. I told her no, today I only want the very tip ends of my hair trimmed. She said ok but I could tell she was upset..."if that's what you want" was what she said. She got me when she started lifting my hair up to cut so I couldn't feel where she was stopping. My hair is cut above or right at my sholder blades. My fault. I vow to learn to cut my own hair slanted or not.

Here is the new shot.
Before
DSC05649-vi.jpg

After
DSC05675-vi.jpg

My SO said I braided my hair for 3 months just so she could cut it off. :wallbash: It may not look like a big difference to some but I wanted like an 8th of an inch and not a full inch off.

Other things she shared while butchering my hair when I told her I was trying to transition and had just done a keratin treatment =
Keratin will destroy your hair. That's too much protein. (And you say this without even knowing exactly what keratin treatment I applied or the state of my hair before today)
She said that she had gone natural for a year and a half and there was no way she could do it anymore without a relaxer. Her hair had grown past her shoulders and broke off up to her ears so why go natural, she explains, if its going to break off anyway :perplexed And at the same time it seems like she was implying keeping it short because black people's hair won't grown past their shoulders. Next, she proceeds to try and sell me on Paul Mitchell's relaxer.

I'm glad it's only hair and I know mine will grow back. Maybe she did do me a favor but I was completely turned off by her conversation. It's pretty evened up with the part I cut on accident and had been hiding beneath the rest of my hair. I think I may reach my hair goals afterall transitioning with BKT.

Stay away from butchers!

Last edited:
Congratulations! I love the comparison shot showing half the hair straightened. How did you get your roots so straight? Your results came out beautifully! I know you're thinking the trim is too short, but visually trimming off the ends adds length and strength to the way your hair falls. Glad to know you're smart enough about your own hair to not believe everything that stylist said. I know she was amazed at your great BKT results you did without her! :yep: Enjoy your beautiful new hair!

LOVELY!
I am definitely about to use BKT as my transitioning style. I have a weave in now and its just not working for me. lol

i dont wanna sound rude. but black female AND SOME MALE stylists are not allowed to touch my hair with sissors. I make it clear to them that I don't want them to cut my hair. The only time I let them is when I want my hair to be even and I even stress to them not to cut alot so they end up cutting off the amount I want cut off. which is usually an inch or more. I tell white people to cut off 1/8 inch and they do JUST THAT. mhm.

Back