My 1st bantu knot out(pics pics pics)

CaramelLites

OK so I've decided to finally be a contributing member.. Ok so don't stone me here, this is my first time starting a thread. So I've been natural since 10/6/08.. Literally i went from relaxed hair to an almost baldie.
I had stretched my relaxer for about 8 weeks, I just got tired of having to wash and curl my hair every week so I bc'd. I always wanted to be natural so finding this site and seeing so mary varied heads of natural hair just convinced me that I could do it and stick with it this time:yep:. So fast forward here I am a yr and some months later, I've had a couple of set backs but am overall very happy with my hair. I normally wear puffs or twists. But, I was tired of the monotony so I decided to try a bantu knot out. This was my first time trying the style, so I'm sure it took me an extra long time. It took me like 5-6 hrs to complete. It was really slow going, I did the knots on dry hair no products were used. I spritzed the finished knots with my aloe vera juice mix which contains 50/50 aloe vera juice and water and that was it. i didn't like the resulting bantu fro so i pinned the sides back. I love the finished results and have been getting compliments from co-workers etc. I don't have the hang of posting pics so bear with me, please.

Last edited:
I'm sure the results will get better with time. I think I'll use product during the process next time. Pookaloo, I had to salvage the style somehow.

You guys made me blush:blush3:. Thanks so much for everyone that has posted. You guys are all beautiful and inspirational.

Last edited:
It turned out really cute. I just tried my very first bantu knot out last week. Sleeping on it was murder for me. But the results were nice.

Back