My 1st Attempt at Crochet Braids!...Pix!

Thanks Ladies! :-)

It's funny, my mom who is the pickiest person in the world when it comes to mine and DD's hair actually loves them. Big shock there. :-)

Okay so, I've seen a couple of threads of people who have done their own crochet braids, and their results were gorgeous! So I resolved it within myself to give it a try.

After viewing a few YouTube videos I set out and bought my supplies. Then I politely told DD that she would be my guinea pig. :grin: She was like, "what else is new?":look:

So, I washed her hair with Hair One Olive Oil cleanser. Then I applied Silicone Mix deep condish and sat her under the steamer for an hour while I watched a few more tutorials. While her hair was still damp, I moisturized each section with Organic Olive Oil moisturizer and braided thirteen cornrows. Then I sat down and went to work.

Without further adieu...:grin:

The back isn't crooked, she had her head tilted to the side.

All in all, I think this was a great first attempt! I shocked myself with how well they turned out. DD loves them! It took me about 6 hours (because I was...and I'm still sick as a dog).

I think I'd like to be pampered and have someone else do them for me. :look::yep:

Looks Great!!! You are a pro on your first try!!

You did all this while being sick? Girl chile, whacha gon' do when you get well....I got next (in your salon chair that is).

Back