My 11 year old daughter's hair...HELP!

Trea

Mydaughter's hair is soooo dry and spongy. I use scurl on my hair and it last. When I put it on my daughter's hair, her hair absorb it soooo fast. Do you ladies have any suggestions? Her hair is very soft, but I'm tired of it being so dry and spongy. I'm about to post a picture of her hair in my fotki album...Check it out and tell me what you all think. Thanks in advance ladies;)

Trea, is your daughter's hair relaxed? If so, that would explain the porosity. Does she ever get deep cons?

She may need Roux Porosity Control, it comes in a shampoo, condition, and treatment. The conditioner does wonders by it self as the final step just put it on after the DC and comb through and rinse, some use it mixed w/their DC or just leave it on longer like 15min. or so. I just follow the directions on the bottle and had wonderful results. After using this her hair should retain moisture better. HTH
EDTA: I just looked at the pictures and it looks like she also may need a good moisturizing poo (what poo and conditioners are you using?) and what is her daily moisturizer besides Sta so Fro? , I think pree pooing w/EVOO would be great also.

Last edited:
balisi said:
Trea, is your daughter's hair relaxed? If so, that would explain the porosity. Does she ever get deep cons?

Yes she do have a relaxer but I only relax her new growth every 3-4 months and I've NEVER put any on her ends. I want to completely stop using them in her hair. Anymore suggestions? Or advice?

My daughter's hair tends to be a little dry, and I actually put conditioner on the ends every morning followed by mango butter or ORS olive oil hair lotion, whatever I have. I've even used vaseline to seal it after applying the conditioner. This really helped her hair maintain moisture. She's waistlength, and before finding this combination I would always have to trim her hair A lOT more frequently than I do now. Hope this helps.

Trea said:
Mydaughter's hair is soooo dry and spongy. I use scurl on my hair and it last. When I put it on my daughter's hair, her hair absorb it soooo fast. Do you ladies have any suggestions? Her hair is very soft, but I'm tired of it being so dry and spongy. I'm about to post a picture of her hair in my fotki album...Check it out and tell me what you all think. Thanks in advance ladies;)

My daughter's hair was the same way. We began to do prepoos and used moisturizing poos and cond. We did deep conds. with honey and evoo added to cholestrol once a week....Then applied SheaMoisture Leave-in and it worked like a dream on her hair. We waded through different products and found that shea butter products and moisture mixes like; water, cond., evoo in a spray bottle helped to combat the dryness.

Back