Mutilple Quotes in Posts

TigerLily

I notice that sometimes, people have multiple quotes in their posts. Can someone tell me how to do this?

Thanks! :)

I right-click on "quote" for each post I want to quote. This opens up a new window or tab. If I want to quote 3 people, I right-click on "quote" for each individual post so I end up with 3 new windows or tabs.

Then I copy and paste each one into my reply box.

Some people do multiple quotes but forget to include the name of the person they're quoting. Make sure you copy the screen name too so readers can follow along.

TigerLily said:
I notice that sometimes, people have multiple quotes in their posts. Can someone tell me how to do this?

SVT said:
I right-click on "quote" for each post I want to quote. This opens up a new window or tab. If I want to quote 3 people, I right-click on "quote" for each individual post so I end up with 3 new windows or tabs.

Some people do multiple quotes but forget to include the name of the person they're quoting. Make sure you copy the screen name too so readers can follow along.

Easy as pie! :)

TigerLily said:

Is that like quoting multiple people (which SVT has pretty much told you how to do :) ) or quoting one person multiple times, like paragraph by paragraph? For the latter, you can either manually type the "[QU.OTE]" tags around each section you want to quote. I'm going to type a blue period in between my tags so they show up, then show you how it looks when implemented.

[.quote=JaneiR36] Hello all. I'm typing this because I have no life and and it's fun. [/quote.]

[.quote]This quote is being attributed to no one in particular, because typically, from context, you can tell who's being quoted. In this case, uh... myself. [/quote.]

Here's what it looks like w/o the periods:

JaneiR36 said:
Hello all. I'm typing this because I have no life and and it's fun.

This quote is being attributed to no one in particular, because typically, from context, you can tell who's being quoted. In this case, uh... myself.

If you don't want to type manually, highlight the text you want to quote, then click on the last icon on the second line [in enhanced mode]. If you hover your mouse around it, it'll say "Wrap
tags around select text." This will put the tags for you and you can do it as many times as you like. The icon looks like a page of a notebook w/writings in it, kinda like they have in comics to show what a character is "saying."

You can also do this to quote multiple people, if you're able to copy and paste what they've said into your reply box.

Thanks ladies!!! :) I think I got it....I think! :confused:

I'll probably fully understand at 3:30am tomorrow night...That's how it usually works for me! :lachen:

Last edited:

Is that like quoting multiple people (which SVT has pretty much told you how to do :) ) or quoting one person multiple times, like paragraph by paragraph? For the latter, you can either manually type the "[QU.OTE]" tags around each section you want to quote. I'm going to type a blue period in between my tags so they show up, then show you how it looks when implemented.

[.quote=JaneiR36] Hello all. I'm typing this because I have no life and and it's fun. [/quote.]

[.quote]This quote is being attributed to no one in particular, because typically, from context, you can tell who's being quoted. In this case, uh... myself. [/quote.]

If you don't want to type manually, highlight the text you want to quote, then click on the last icon on the second line [in enhanced mode]. If you hover your mouse around it, it'll say "Wrap
tags around select text." This will put the tags for you and you can do it as many times as you like. The icon looks like a page of a notebook w/writings in it, kinda like they have in comics to show what a character is "saying."

You can also do this to quote multiple people, if you're able to copy and paste what they've said into your reply box.

Oh wow I think I figured it out!!

Oh wow I think I figured it out!!

I was hoping it would help someone. Good for you winterinatl!

I won't say it was easy as pie but I think I got it.

Oh snap, I previewed and it's all there. I'm not even gone try that wrapping stuff, I'm on it now!:clap:

I won't say it was easy as pie but I think I got it.

Oh snap, I previewed and it's all there. I'm not even gone try that wrapping stuff, I'm on it now!:clap:
It's pretty easy to me.

Here is my attempt at multi-quoting.

wheezy807

TigerLily

I'll probably fully understand at 3:30am tomorrow night...That's how it usually works for me! :lachen:

TigerLilyMutilple Quotes in Posts

Nope, didn't work for me. :wallbash:

I have my page set up to view 40 posts per page, does this make a difference with multi-quoting?

testing

testing

Hi. I'm just wondering. Why open multiple quotes/windows/tabs and then copy/paste when you can just click the multi-quote button at the bottom of each post you want to quote? Then after you click all the multi-quotes that you want, you finish by clicking on the "post reply" button (doing this will open a new reply with all the quotes you selected) and insert your comment(s). (or did I miss that post cause I did read the whole thread).

This is the multi-quote button:
multiquote_off.gif

This is where you find the multi-quote button (the bottom right corner of each individual post. when you click it, nothing will happen but a red highlight around the icon):
multiquote.jpg

Post Reply button (at the bottom left corner of the thread)
reply.gif

Hi. I'm just wondering. Why open multiple quotes/windows/tabs and then copy/paste when you can just click the multi-quote button at the bottom of each post you want to quote? Then after you click all the multi-quotes that you want, you finish by clicking on the "post reply" button (doing this will open a new reply with all the quotes you selected) and insert your comment(s). (or did I miss that post cause I did read the whole thread).

multiquote_off.gif

This is where you find the multi-quote button (the bottom right corner of each individual post. when you click it, nothing will happen but a red highlight around the icon):
multiquote.jpg

reply.gif

I have my page set up to view 40 posts per page, does this make a difference with multi-quoting?

testing trying to see if it works

Hey, i highlight, copy and paste and use the wrap button. But i never can quote the name of the actual person. How can i do that?

testing trying to see if it works

Here is my attempt at multi-quoting.

You see!:perplexed Help!

Hey, i highlight, copy and paste and use the wrap button. But i never can quote the name of the actual person. How can i do that?

u won't have to if u use the multi quote button OR if u use the regular quote button and copy/paste everything in the window (including the BB code)

Yes it is easier! Thanks you 1star!

multiquote_off.gif

multiquote.jpg

reply.gif

This is how I do it!!!! Now I wanna know how you got the pictures in there!!! That's great!

u won't have to if u use the multi quote button OR if u use the regular quote button and copy/paste everything in the window (including the BB code)

Yes it is easier! Thanks you 1star!

I was sooooo happy when I figured out how to do this:grin:

This is how I do it!!!! Now I wanna know how you got the pictures in there!!! That's great!
Well, there are a ton of different ways. One way is to right click on the image you want, go to "copy image location" and then paste it into the image tag that you can access buy clicking on this
insertimage.gif
which can be found here:
howtopics2.jpg

Now, the pic above ^ I had to do a screen print, edit it, save to my computer then upload to a photo sharing site and paste the code in this post. Sounds like a lot but it only took about 2 minutes tops. I use photobucket for stuff like that b/c it generates & copies the BB code for you so all you have to do is paste the code in your post message. Sometimes ppl may have to do pics/images that way b/c they use MACs or the image is in a flash presentation or because the right click is disabled or anynumber of other reasons.

HTH

ETA: you can also manually type BB code like the previous posts explain. Go copy the web address for a image/photo and then in your post type "img" surrounded by brackets[] it will look like this:

image link: you can also manually type BB code like the previous posts explain. Go copy the web address for a image/photo and then in your post type "img" surrounded by brackets[] it will look like this:

and you insert your image link where the space is between the code.
image link: http://st1m.longhaircareforum.com/images/editor/insertimage.gif inserted between the code
will give you this:
insertimage.gif

Last edited:
Well, there are a ton of different ways. One way is to right click on the image you want, go to "copy image location" and then paste it into the image tag that you can access buy clicking on this
insertimage.gif
which can be found here:
howtopics2.jpg

Now, the pic above ^ I had to do a screen print, edit it, save to my computer then upload to a photo sharing site and paste the code in this post. Sounds like a lot but it only took about 2 minutes tops. I use photobucket for stuff like that b/c it generates & copies the BB code for you so all you have to do is paste the code in your post message. Sometimes ppl may have to do pics/images that way b/c they use MACs or the image is in a flash presentation or because the right click is disabled or anynumber of other reasons.

HTH

ETA: you can also manually type BB code like the previous posts explain. Go copy the web address for a image/photo and then in your post type "img" surrounded by brackets[] it will look like this:

image link: you can also manually type BB code like the previous posts explain. Go copy the web address for a image/photo and then in your post type "img" surrounded by brackets[] it will look like this:

and you insert your image link where the space is between the code.
image link: http://st1m.longhaircareforum.com/images/editor/insertimage.gif inserted between the code
will give you this:
insertimage.gif

Wow!! THanks!

Just testing this out. :yep: Thanks for this ladies.

Back