Must be protein day today lol: Dudley's DRC (sp)

MizaniMami

Now I know they say if it ain't broke then don't fix it, but I am have thinking about this Dudley's stuff for a minute now.:lol: I use Nexxus Emergencee and Keraphix and I am in love with it, but Dudley's have been calling my name.

Can anyone post the ingredients?? How does this compare to Nexxus Emergencee or aphogee (the two hardest proteins that I have used)?

MizaniMami said:
Now I know they say if it ain't broke then don't fix it, but I am have thinking about this Dudley's stuff for a minute now.:lol: I use Nexxus Emergencee and Keraphix and I am in love with it, but Dudley's have been calling my name.

Can anyone post the ingredients?? How does this compare to Nexxus Emergencee or aphogee (the two hardest proteins that I have used)?

Shoot, I just took my friend who's having breakage problems do to overprocessing to pick up a bottle of this on Monday. I'm not sure if the ingredients are listed on this particular product (I can be wrong as it's been years since I used it and I didn't really look at her bottle) but I will call and ask her.

I first tried this back in 1998 when I was having shedding. My hairdresser used it on me and gave me a bottle as part of a going to college care package. It is VERY good and runs about $45-$50 for a 16oz bottle. They charge in the salon $15 per treatment and use about 1-2oz and it's used about once a month. It's the consistency of water, kinda has a underlying funk, but once rinsed out you are just left with the actual "fragrance" of the product. I haven't used Nexxus really, but if I ever had severe breakage or shedding, I will return to this Dudley product.

I don't even care for Dudley really, with the exception of DRC.

Last edited:
The ingredients are:

Deionized Water, Hydrolyzed Animal Protein, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaterium-11, Glycerin, Polysorbate-20, Panthenol, Acetamide MEA, Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein, Sodium PCA, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Fragrance, 2-Bromo-Nitropropane-1, 3-Diol, Biotin, Red No. 33,
Quaternium-15, Stearyl Alcohol, FD&C Yellow No 6

Interestingly enough I just bought damage relief by aveda. I was a big fan of curressence. The salon lady told me that aveda stopped making it because with weekly use it made folks hair too hard and caused buildup. I liked it because it was very strong. She said the damage relief line is way better and can be used frequently. Have not tried it yet.

bajanplums1 said:
The ingredients are:

Deionized Water, Hydrolyzed Animal Protein, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaterium-11, Glycerin, Polysorbate-20, Panthenol, Acetamide MEA, Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein, Sodium PCA, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Fragrance, 2-Bromo-Nitropropane-1, 3-Diol, Biotin, Red No. 33,
Quaternium-15, Stearyl Alcohol, FD&C Yellow No 6

Interestingly enough I just bought damage relief by aveda. I was a big fan of curressence. The salon lady told me that aveda stopped making it because with weekly use it made folks hair too hard and caused buildup. I liked it because it was very strong. She said the damage relief line is way better and can be used frequently. Have not tried it yet.

So and Bajan thanks so much. Bajan especially for these ingredients. I used Aveda DR now and I like it waaaaay better than curresence. True enough cur. does do it's job at stopping breakage and shedding DR is more moisturizing. I think you will like it.

Back