Mushy (Too Soft) Hair

ladylibra_30

does anyone get mushy hair after using silk elements, pantene, suave, tressemme poo & conditioner? my hair always feels too soft after using these products and i'm not sure why. after i poo/cond w/one of these products i use either salerm or lacio lacio as a leave-in and i may put coconut oil or glosser after rollersetting/blowdrying. hair feels and looks good but if i pull a strand - it breaks/snaps soooo easily....so fragile.

this wash day i used aubrey organics gbp as a pre-poo tx for 35 minutes, poo'd w/elasta qp poo for relaxed hair, cond. w/elasta qp intense, and used elasta qp h20 leave-in. my hair feels like it has some substance now. should i continue this route until my hair feels strong again?

i have tons & tons of poos / cond. to use up & i think i need to revamp my regimen.

tia

I do protein prepoos, as well. I do them bi-weekly and that keeps me in order. If I don't my hair gets too soft again after a few weeks.

I am a chronic over-moisturizer and these protein treatments, pre shampoo have been wonderful.

If I were you I would get it back in order and then stop to see how long you notice it starting to get too soft again. That may help you determine how often you should do the protein.

I use Tressemme Remoisturizer and their anti-breakage poo & conditioner (Geez, I"m starting to feel like a Tressemme representative :lol: ) I use it for co-washes when I do them and I do them when I need moisture and that helps. I use it weekly after my Silicon and Emergencia DC mix to balance moisture from the protein and I also use Lacio Lacio as my leave-in after that, my hair is soft yet strong using this combo, dry and brittle equals breakage for me, moisturized soft means the total opposite. Perhaps you just need to balance it out with more protein in your hair regimen.

I agree with Svelte. You may need to follow up with a protein treatment. If I use the Suave or V05 conditioner I usually do a follow up 15-20 min treatment with Nexxus Keraphix.

Bellavita6 said:
I agree with Svelte. You may need to follow up with a
Bellavita6 said:
protein treatment. If I use the Suave or V05 conditioner I usually do a follow up 15-20 min treatment with Nexxus Keraphix.

Absolutely. Mushy hair is a indication that the hair is over-moisturized, you need more protein.

Back