mushy hair

candid1

ok so my hair turns into mush when i wet it...so i know that i need a protein treatment. Last week i deep condition and i guess it was too much moisture it was breaking off every time i touched it..

so i did a protein treatment um... the palmers kind white packet..and followed it up with a mositurising conditioner..matrix hydrating balm...it didnt seem to help much if any..still mushy and breaking..

am i not supposed to follow it up with a moisturizing conditioner afterwards??

i was getting ready to do another protein treatment today since my hair is still breaking of....same brand since i bought two...is there something i can do different....add an egg??

Hmmm, I've never heard of the Palmer's brand so I don't know how effective it is. Most ladies seem to use Aphogee 2 step or Nexxus Emergencee for hard protein treatments so I might suggest switching to one of these if the Palmer's doesn't work the 2nd time.

The first time I tried Emergencee, it didn't work for me. Turns out I needed to clarify. After doing that, the protein treatment worked. I think there was too much stuff on my hair for it to be able to do anything.

I would use a moisturizing DC after any hard protein treatment.

I agree w/ KMM. When I was experiencing this, I also clarified and then used the Aphogee two step followed by the moisturizing conditioner. After a few treatments, my hair stopped breaking so much. It takes a while to find your moisture/protein balance. I only recently (as in the summer) figured out what my hair likes right now....
Good luck!

I would say don't go for the hard just yet. If your hair is mushy like you say, I might not shock it with a hard protein. I really like the apogee two minute conditioner. It's pretty gentle. Hard proteins and my hair don't mix. Just a suggestion and I hope your hair recovers!

thanks all..i have started using cantu shea leave in everyday for the added protein im hoping that helps....untill i can pick up the aphogee stuff and try this weekend...

Aphogee also has a spray (Green Tea & Keratin Restructurizer) that might be good as a leave-in with protein.

Back