Multivitamins - what do you take?

Cassandra1975

I have been taking GNC's Women's Ultra Mega...I hate that it's two pills, and wanted to go to a multi that's just one. Comparing labels, it seems that the WUM gives more of everything we need.

Which multivitamins do you like, and why?

:grin:I simply Hate pills - so I started taking Alive liquid multivitimins.

I have a pic in my fotki.

It is just easier for me.

I also take a vitamin b capsule... But it is easier to take that a bunch of tablets.

I used to buy a high potency multivitamin from the health food store. (I'm sorry I can't remember the name. I know it was in a brown glass bottle with gold label &black letters). They were pretty good but I didn't like taking that giant horse pill. I may start back taking them because I did notice improvement in my skin, hair, and nails.:yep:

I'm a fan of One-A-Day Womens Multi, which I alternate with a B-complex vitamin. I also try to make sure my diet is balanced. Doesn't always work, but I'm successful more often than not. It gets hard when cheesecake starts calling my name.

Here are a couple good links on multivitamins. This one is long, but is a good read.

I take GNC Hair, Skin & Nails. It's two pills a day, but I cut them in half and take them that way. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to get them down.

I've also started taking vitamin C. Apparently, it's supposed to help the other vitamins absorb into your system better.

One thing is for sure, my nails are growing like crazy and my skin feels really nice. Since, I'm natural, I can't really tell if the vitamins are really kicking in the hair area yet. After a month or so, perhaps I'll get some clearer results.

I can take pills but I just hate the feeling of those huge horse pills going down my throat:nono:. I switched from the Ultra womens to target prenatal. hey they're cheap, smaller and I only have to take one.

I can take pills but I just hate the feeling of those huge horse pills going down my throat:nono:. I switched from the Ultra womens to target prenatal. hey they're cheap, smaller and I only have to take one.
I think that's the thing for me - the UltraNourisHair is already two big pills...so I'm trying to find a substitute for the UltraMega in my regimen. The other pills are smaller or they are gels and are easier to swallow.

I always take liquid and just recently stared with Alive liquid multi vitamins.

Pill form doesn't do it for me as your body only absorbs 10%. I can actually see a difference with liquid.

Samanthajones and Yodie:

I came in here to see if anyone was taking Alive multi! I'm gonna order some in a few days and wanted to know if it was good because the ingredients look fantastic. How do you guys like it? Do you notice a change of energy when taking it? How does it taste?

I always take liquid and just recently stared with Alive liquid multi vitamins.

Pill form doesn't do it for me as your body only absorbs 10%. I can actually see a difference with liquid.
How does that taste? I found a liquid multi at Costco but when I tried to take it - blech! Could not stand the taste.

I have been taking GNC's Women's Ultra Mega...I hate that it's two pills, and wanted to go to a multi that's just one. Comparing labels, it seems that the WUM gives more of everything we need.

Which multivitamins do you like, and why?

i loooooove mine i take the centrum chewables, just one tablet that i chew as i wake up. it tastes like vitamin c or orange kool aid lol

on the label it states:
Centrum chewables
multivitamin/multimineral supplement
orange flavored
22 vitamins and minerals
each tablet vit a 3500iu (29% as betacarotene) 70% daily value
vitamin c 60mg 100% daily value
vitamin d 400 iu 100% daily value
vitamin e 30 iu 100% daily value
vitamin k 10mcg 13% daily value
thiamin 1.5mg 100%
riboflavin 1.7mg 100% daily value
niacin 20mg 100% daily value
vitamin b6 2mg 100% daily value
folic acid 400mcg 100% daily value
vitamin b12 6mcg 100% daily value
biotin 45mcg 15% daily value
pantothenic acid b5 10mg 100% daily value
calcium 108mg 11% daily value
iron 18mg 100% daily value
phosporus 50mg 5% daily value
iodine 150mcg 100% daily value
magnesium 40mg 10% daily value
zinc 15mg 100% daily value
copper 2mg 100% daily value
manganese 1 mg 50% daily value
chromium 20mcg 17% daily value
molybdenum 20mcg 27% daily value

that s the only multi i take i d rather take a chewable one then, i also have my other vits that complement for the hair i also take one Nature Made super b complex, 1 vitol hair nails and skin ( that contains msm and 3mg of biotin) and i will soon add my staple biotin freeda 10mg. for the hair i also take one tablespoon twinlab amino fuel every morning and one designer whey protein shake french vanilla. ooops i forgot to add i need to buy again my carlson msm powder ( u dont feel it i mix it with my water and daily drink, speeds my growth or should i say extends my growth cycle and allows me to grow more)

for the multivit i recommend the chewable centrum it s a breeze to take it and just chew and does not taste bad. Girl i so hate those GNC horse pills!!!lol

Last edited:
i loooooove mine i take the centrum chewables, just one tablet that i chew as i wake up. it tastes like vitamin c or orange kool aid lol

on the label it states:
Centrum chewables
multivitamin/multimineral supplement
orange flavored
22 vitamins and minerals
each tablet vit a 3500iu (29% as betacarotene) 70% daily value
vitamin c 60mg 100% daily value
vitamin d 400 iu 100% daily value
vitamin e 30 iu 100% daily value
vitamin k 10mcg 13% daily value
thiamin 1.5mg 100%
riboflavin 1.7mg 100% daily value
niacin 20mg 100% daily value
vitamin b6 2mg 100% daily value
folic acid 400mcg 100% daily value
vitamin b12 6mcg 100% daily value
biotin 45mcg 15% daily value
pantothenic acid b5 10mg 100% daily value
calcium 108mg 11% daily value
iron 18mg 100% daily value
phosporus 50mg 5% daily value
iodine 150mcg 100% daily value
magnesium 40mg 10% daily value
zinc 15mg 100% daily value
copper 2mg 100% daily value
manganese 1 mg 50% daily value
chromium 20mcg 17% daily value
molybdenum 20mcg 27% daily value

that s the only multi i take i d rather take a chewable one then, i also have my other vits that complement for the hair i also take one Nature Made super b complex, 1 vitol hair nails and skin ( that contains msm and 3mg of biotin) and i will soon add my staple biotin freeda 10mg. for the hair i also take one tablespoon twinlab amino fuel every morning and one designer whey protein shake french vanilla. ooops i forgot to add i need to buy again my carlson msm powder ( u dont feel it i mix it with my water and daily drink, speeds my growth or should i say extends my growth cycle and allows me to grow more)

for the multivit i recommend the chewable centrum it s a breeze to take it and just chew and does not taste bad. Girl i so hate those GNC horse pills!!!lol
LOL @ horse pills! But yes, they truly are. It's a challenge every day...basically I've been taking about 5 of them because the ultra mega is 2, the ultranourshair is 2, and the MSM I take is a hard pill, about the same size. I am proud of myself for doing it this long! (My best friend is getting married August 30th, and I cut my hair off right about the time she got engaged. In Dec I figured I need to grow it back so I can have some styling options in August).

I have a couple of friends who just don't like swallowing pills (no matter what size), and they take the Flintstone vitamins. This is the first I've heard of the chewable Centrum. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

Hmmm...this Alive liquid vitamin sounds like a good brand from what I've researched. However, I hear it's pretty disgusting in taste. I may give it a try since I prefer liquid over pills for faster absorption. I just may have to mix it with juice. Does anyone know if the Vitamin Shoppe carries this brand?

I'm taking the CVS LifeFitness Hair Skin and Nails vitamin alternated with the CVS Women's Multi and an iron tablet a few times a week.

The CVS HSN is a big horse pill and you're supposed to take it 3 times a day.

:grin:I simply Hate pills - so I started taking Alive liquid multivitimins.

I have a pic in my fotki.

It is just easier for me.

I also take a vitamin b capsule... But it is easier to take that a bunch of tablets.

i just switched to a liquid multi. I use Vitamin Shoppe Liquid Green Multi (with Super FoodComplex and Ionic ConcenTrace). I usually put it in my juice. Sometimes I take like a shot. But i like it alot better than all the tablets.

Hmmm...this Alive liquid vitamin sounds like a good brand from what I've researched. However, I hear it's pretty disgusting in taste. I may give it a try since I prefer liquid over pills for faster absorption. I just may have to mix it with juice. Does anyone know if the Vitamin Shoppe carries this brand?

Yes, I seen it when I was shopping at Vitamin Shoppe. It was near the one I use. As a matter of fact I was comparing the two. They were somewhat similiar if I remember right.

LOL @ horse pills! But yes, they truly are. It's a challenge every day...basically I've been taking about 5 of them because the ultra mega is 2, the ultranourshair is 2, and the MSM I take is a hard pill, about the same size. I am proud of myself for doing it this long! (My best friend is getting married August 30th, and I cut my hair off right about the time she got engaged. In Dec I figured I need to grow it back so I can have some styling options in August).

I have a couple of friends who just don't like swallowing pills (no matter what size), and they take the Flintstone vitamins. This is the first I've heard of the chewable Centrum. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

BTW where is ekomba?

Back