MTG

Faith

I assume it's some grease. What does the jar look like? What does MTG stand for? Where do you buy it?

MTG is a sulphur-based oil moisturizer (it's very greasy).

It stands for Main and Tail Growth and is used for horses (it was created for humans, but is now mainly used by horse ranches/stables).

You can order it at www.shapleys.com

It will cost you-- Suggested Retail 32 oz. $16.95 (minus the shipping and handling fees)

Also, if you order it and use it put a towel around your neck and shoulders and don't use too much. It can ooze down and irritate your skin (I had that happen to me).

Shake the bottle up to mix the sulphur with the oil.

I hope this answers your questions.

Hi Faith,
For some reason, I can't post the pic but the one that most people use is the Original M-T-G bottle. Here is the site to view:http://www.shapelys.com/

Also, if you do buy it, be warned that it is oily ( not bad for my thirsty hair ) and smells like tar ( think Dax hair grease). BTW, I timmed my hair an inch on Sunday and applied MTG that day, Tuesday and Wednesday. Hard to believe but don't you know my hair grew an inch already?! Looks like I never trimmed it. :) I can't believe it. :)

It's oil
It comes in a bottle
MTG stands for Mane-Tail-Groom
It's used for horses
Yes horses
I get mine at a saddlery, you can order online too
Do a search on MTG there's 8 bazillion threads already with all the details.

Bklynqueen said:
Hi Faith,
For some reason, I can't post the pic but the one that most people use is the Original M-T-G bottle. Here is the site to view:http://www.shapelys.com/

Also, if you do buy it, be warned that it is oily ( not bad for my thirsty hair ) and smells like tar ( think Dax hair grease). BTW, I timmed my hair an inch on Sunday and applied MTG that day, Tuesday and Wednesday. Hard to believe but don't you know my hair grew an inch already?! Looks like I never trimmed it. :) I can't believe it. :)

Are you serious???? If I get these results I will... i dunno my goodness.

Im so excited...I got my MTG today. I missed the UPS guy he came at 8am and I was up very late reading stuff on this sight so I didnt even hear the door bell. I picked it up this evening. I was so frantic to use the stuff I couldnt wait to go to the beauty supply and it the applicator bottle and put some essential oils in it I just put it on straight from the bottle.
As soon as I open it I recognized the smell from when I was a little girl. My cousin had very short hair and my aunt used something called I think "Glover's or Clover's Mane"???...It made my cousins hair so thick and long. I really believe this stuff will work!!! I cant wait...Im going to start a journal to track my journey.
Thanks

I just ordered another gallon of MTG, PLUS, I also ordered Shapley's No. 1 Light Oil to mix with it.

If all goes well, I plan to replace the jojoba oil with the Light Oil. I hope it doesn't smell too bad ;)

But, at the rate my hair is growing, my hair can smell like sh** and I wouldn't care ;)

Happy growing, ladies *smooches* :)

Brinasia said:
Im so excited...I got my MTG today. I missed the UPS guy he came at 8am and I was up very late reading stuff on this sight so I didnt even hear the door bell. I picked it up this evening. I was so frantic to use the stuff I couldnt wait to go to the beauty supply and it the applicator bottle and put some essential oils in it I just put it on straight from the bottle.
As soon as I open it I recognized the smell from when I was a little girl. My cousin had very short hair and my aunt used something called I think "Glover's or Clover's Mane"???...It made my cousins hair so thick and long. I really believe this stuff will work!!! I cant wait...Im going to start a journal to track my journey.
Thanks

Good for you! I too remember people using Glover's back in the 80s! And it smells the same!

Maybe we should just buy Glover's and skip MTG! Save that $7.00 on shipping ;)

:)

sprungonhairboards said:
It's oil
It comes in a bottle
MTG stands for Mane-Tail-Groom
It's used for horses
Yes horses
I get mine at a saddlery, you can order online too
Do a search on MTG there's 8 bazillion threads already with all the details.

Thanks for clarifying, Sprung... so intent was I, I forgot to let the OP know it's GROOM and not growth ;)

What's the difference, though? :lol:

Blossom: How much growth in terms of inches have you racked up from when you first started the MTG till now, and what percentage on a scale of 1-100% has it thickened? In other words, has it doubled in thickness? My hair is growing out more instead of longer, because it is thickening up but cannot wait until I see the same in terms of visible length. It is getting longer. Do you leave yours in for the three days every time, then shampoo or do you conditioner wash it out and reapply for a few more days? Bonjour

Back