MTG on my scalp-neva eva again!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
This method works for some ladies, but not me. I tried this because I thought that maybe i could kick my growth up more. Why did I have to be so greedy?:cry2: My hair is no longer happy. My scalp is dry, itchy, and very oily. I will stick with putting it only on my hair. This makes my hair relaxer resistant. I'd much rather have it resistant to relaxers rather than resistant to me!:ohwell: It made me realize to keep my method the way I had it. If it ain't broke...don't fix it.:( Has anybody else have this reaction?

I think it is better to stick with what works anyway, but doesn't it make you hair too oily also?

Gurl, you are betta than me. I cannot stomach putting it on my scalp let alone my hair. :eek:

Why do you put it on your hair? What benefits to you get from that?

DDtexlaxd said:
This method works for some ladies, but not me. I tried this because I thought that maybe i could kick my growth up more. Why did I have to be so greedy?:cry2: My hair is no longer happy. My scalp is dry, itchy, and very oily. I will stick with putting it only on my hair. This makes my hair relaxer resistant. I'd much rather have it resistant to relaxers rather than resistant to me!:ohwell: It made me realize to keep my method the way I had it. If it ain't broke...don't fix it.:( Has anybody else have this reaction?

Girl, i'd never put it on my hair...it dries it out and prevents anything from penetrating hair cuticles!
As for the scalp, i've had a hate love relationship with MTG...it makes my hair grow like mad, but also makes my hair itch like mad. I'm told that this is a sign of hair growth...
I am giving my scalp an MTG break because of the itchies but when i do use it, i use very little on my scalp and massage it in...then moisturise my hair and seal with WGHO.

HoneyDew said:
I think it is better to stick with what works anyway, but doesn't it make you hair too oily also?

Gurl, you are betta than me. I cannot stomach putting it on my scalp let alone my hair. :eek:

Why do you put it on your hair? What benefits to you get from that
?

I want to know also. I use my own homemade MTG mixture one time but NEVER again. I have some loose sulfur who wants it?

dlewis said:
I want to know also. I use my own homemade MTG mixture one time but NEVER again. I have some loose sulfur who wants it?

I think there was someone that started a thread yesterday asking where to get some. I will see if I can find it. She may want it.

I wasted an entire jar of it trying different mixes to make it work. I just could not get used to it and gave up on it, as well.

I'm sorry someone just PMed me for the sulfur. But i can pick some up for you. PM me your address Hidden_Angel.

dlewis said:
I'm sorry someone just PMed me for the sulfur. But i can pick some up for you. PM me your address Hidden_Angel.

dang. already! :lol: we don't play on this board do we!!

I tell you what...I wish I would've read the post about using MTG before a relaxer. I paid $55 dollars for a retouch that didn't even take after stretching 21 weeks. I'm mad!

Henrietta said:
Girl, i'd never put it on my hair...it dries it out and prevents anything from penetrating hair cuticles!
As for the scalp, i've had a hate love relationship with MTG...it makes my hair grow like mad, but also makes my hair itch like mad. I'm told that this is a sign of hair growth...
I am giving my scalp an MTG break because of the itchies but when i do use it, i use very little on my scalp and massage it in...then moisturise my hair and seal with WGHO.

I used MTG on my scalp and it made my hard-to-grow hair in the top of my hair grow nicely and STOPPED the itching. My hair was also kind of dry though. I stopped using it recently due to some mild irritation on the back of my neck and have noticed my hair in the top is hardly growing at all and the itchies have returned. :(
I am not having the same results with my other concoctions so I may have to start using the MTG again. I ordered the powder version from Baldwins so I will use this sparingly in my mixtures for my scalp ONLY. :(

Mtg does not make my hair oily. It makes it very strong...and resistant to chemicals. My scalp, however does not like MTG. I'm going to stop MTG a week before I texlax. MTG has helped my hair grow in length and strenght. My hair used to shed and break easily. Now it holds up and my hair has thrived. I think this is a case of what works for some, may not work for all. I will continue to use MTG as well as Surge and S-curl.

DDtexlaxd said:
Mtg does not make my hair oily. It makes it very strong...and resistant to chemicals. My scalp, however does not like MTG. I'm going to stop MTG a week before I texlax. MTG has helped my hair grow in length and strenght. My hair used to shed and break easily. Now it holds up and my hair has thrived. I think this is a case of what works for some, may not work for all. I will continue to use MTG as well as Surge and S-curl.

You may wanna stop using MTG for two weeks before you texlax. I stopped a week before and my relaxer did not take. Not to mention, my scalp burned off! Did I mention I spent $55 dollars and it didn't take...I'm still mad about that!

Sorry to hear about yr mishap.:ohwell: I self relax and I'm not realy trying to get any damage. MTG just stops my hair from being relaxed strait. I texlax- it is just a step closer to being relaxed strait, but not bone strait. I will never put MTG on my scalp again. I hope everything works out well for you. Thank you for the warning.

DDtexlaxd said:

Stick with what works for you. Girl, I got a rash from using MTG, the rash was on my chest and side of my neck but guess what? I kept using it. I just made sure to put a towel on around my neck BUT I eventually stopped using it because it did nothing for my hair and I was tired of parting my hair everyday to apply it. I'm lzy:)

Back