MTG...Another One Bites The Dust

HoneyDew said:
curious - How are you dealing with the smell?
Believe it or not, I like the smell. I mix essential oils in aromatherapy, so I have the option of masking the smell if I want. My husband...it doesn't bother him either. I've mixed so many exotic blends of essential oils and wore them as a perfume...I don't buy regular perfume.
Hi HoneyDew,
When I first smelled it, it reminded me of bacon grease :D I smelled as a kid. I'm vegan so I don't eat meat now though.
Someone else referred to it as a burnt wood smell. I guess it's different for everyone.

I don't mind the smell, either, HP...

No, I wouldn't spray it all over my body, but it's not as offensive as I was expecting it to be.

And if you use it once or twice a week, by the time you wash your hair (for me every two weeks), you hardly even notice it after a while.

Well, my update on MTG is it didn't make my hair fall out, so that's a good thing... will continue to advise, apprise and keep love alive while we're on this latest "challenge" :)

Blossssom said:
I don't mind the smell, either, HP...

No, I wouldn't spray it all over my body, but it's not as offensive as I was expecting it to be.

And if you use it once or twice a week, by the time you wash your hair (for me every two weeks), you hardly even notice it after a while.

Well, my update on MTG is it didn't make my hair fall out, so that's a good thing... will continue to advise, apprise and keep love alive while we're on this latest "challenge" :)
I agree, not the ideal body splash. I felt the same way, I still have my hair...all of it and so it must be alright. Plus I did a patch test the day before. I agree, the next day, the smell is hardly noticeable.:)
HP

Just a reminder to be careful when using the MTG.

The bottle says if you use it more than recommended, it could have an ADVERSE effect.

You know what THAT means, so no more than twice a week, ladies :)

I am so happy that so many people can deal with the smell. I just don't like that I can smell it over my lotions and body sprays and shampoo. I have to just let nature do its thing and deal with my normal hair growth. :ohwell:

HoneyDew said:
I am so happy that so many people can deal with the smell. I just don't like that I can smell it over my lotions and body sprays and shampoo. I have to just let nature do its thing and deal with my normal hair growth. :ohwell:

We may all have to eventually do that...

Maybe the white people are right. Nothing grows hair but time.

Possibly a dumb question, but High Priestess, is that all your hair :eek: ! You betta stop being greedy girl, and let some of us that need that MTG get it!

HoneyDew said:

Me Too, Sister! No Topical growth boosters for me! All I need is time and patience!

TJD3 said:
Possibly a dumb question, but High Priestess, is that all your hair :eek: ! You betta stop being greedy girl, and let some of us that need that MTG get it!
:lol: :lol: :lol: noTA dumb question at all TJD3.
The avatar is only my inspiration and dream. Don't worry, I've been asked this question before. ;)

Blossssom said:
Just a reminder to be careful when using the MTG.

The bottle says if you use it more than recommended, it could have an ADVERSE effect.

You know what THAT means, so no more than twice a week, ladies :)

Yeah! I learned that one the hard way. I guess I may have used it too much. I did it after each CO wash and I had some burning/tingling action going on. It was uncomfortable enough for me to wash my hair twice in one day and apply seabreeze, so I'm trying the once a week as recommended. If it happens again it's gotta go.

ms_jennifer said:
Yeah! I learned that one the hard way. I guess I may have used it too much. I did it after each CO wash and I had some burning/tingling action going on. It was uncomfortable enough for me to wash my hair twice in one day and apply seabreeze, so I'm trying the once a week as recommended. If it happens again it's gotta go.
I loved the tingling effect. How much did you use and how often. Also most importantly, please tell me how you used it...hair/scalp...etc.
Thanx
HP

I received mine Friday, and I must say the smell does get to me. I did have some shedding after my CW yesterday. Don't know what I think of it yet.

High Priestess said:
I loved the tingling effect. How much did you use and how often. Also most importantly, please tell me how you used it...hair/scalp...etc.
Thanx
HP

I part my hair and just put it on my scalp with a wild growth applicator bottle. I did it about 4-5 times a week because I workout and sweat so I co wash that much. I didnt use much but for some reason it did tingle. I don't mean to say it was like a relaxer burn, far from that, but I didn't realize it was supposed to be doing that so it scared me somewhat and I had to get it out. Plus, I had scratched my scalp that morning when I woke up, and it seemed to exasperate it to the point that it didnt feel right. :perplexed

ms_jennifer said:
I part my hair and just put it on my scalp with a wild growth applicator bottle. I did it about 4-5 times a week because I workout and sweat so I co wash that much. I didnt use much but for some reason it did tingle. I don't mean to say it was like a relaxer burn, far from that, but I didn't realize it was supposed to be doing that so it scared me somewhat and I had to get it out. Plus, I had scratched my scalp that morning when I woke up, and it seemed to exasperate it to the point that it didnt feel right. :perplexed
Hey, don't give up. Just use the amount that's right for you. Also you may want to mix it with a carrier oil such as olive oil, jojoba, or something of the sort. This is also done for strong essential oils. You may just be more sensitive than some.
Good luck.
HP

Little Miss3 said:
I received mine Friday, and I must say the smell does get to me. I did have some shedding after my CW yesterday. Don't know what I think of it yet.
I used to get the shedding until I used the Mane 'n Tail strengthner spray. It worked for me.

High Priestess said:
I just started MTG on Sunday. Bought it Saturday and did an overnight patch test. I 'm hoping...

Make sure you remove all your jewelry before hand.. especially silver. It will turn it BLACK!

Back