MTG and wearing your hair down

hunnybunny81

I am considering trying out MTG but wanted to know if anyone uses it without using a protective style?

Does anyone sucessfully use MTG while wearing their hair down?! If so how do you do it?

Oh and I am also wondering if a little goes a long way or do you find it better to be heavy handed with the MTG?

Thanks for any help!!!!!

Hi,

MTG, is oily so a little goes a long way...
You might be able to wear your hair down... A lot of ladies experience a rash on their neck when wearing their hair down or if the MTG happens to run down their neck... It will clear up if you apply cortisone cream to it...

IMO use MTG with a light hand...

I wear my hair down. I use MTG at night. Before using it, I do whatever my night time routine is for my hair, ie. pin curl or put it up. Then I take the nozzle and squeeze some on my roots in the front, sides, and center of my head. Throw my scarf on and go to sleep.

The stuff does drip so it coats your scalp while your sleep. I have eczema and I haven't had a problem yet. And I know that the reason I haven't had any issues is because I tie my hair up with the scarf and then lay down and go to bed so it doesn't drip on my neck.

Hi bunny,
I just actually received my MTG a week ago. Its very very oily and stanky:confused:. I added lavender to reduce the smell. I actually wear my hair down alot. I apply a little MTG throughout my scalp at night, then wrap my hair, take it out it the morning, and its great. Full of body and sheen. So you can use it even if you wear your hair down, just dont use a lot, and dilute the smell with an essential oil. HTH

Lorraine

hunnybunny81 said:
I am considering trying out MTG but wanted to know if anyone uses it without using a protective style?

Does anyone sucessfully use MTG while wearing their hair down?! If so how do you do it?

Oh and I am also wondering if a little goes a long way or do you find it better to be heavy handed with the MTG?

Thanks for any help!!!!!

Thanks so much ladies!!! I think I'm going to give it a whirl! I suppose applying at nite and not using a lot .....I should be able to wear it down with no major issue....

I've been using MTG for about a week now. I mixed it with aloe vera gel and mango oil. It not that running and smell OK. I wear my hair in a roller set and thing is same over here. the aloe vera gel really help the oilyness of MTG.

GOODLUCK HUNNYBUNNY. I PLAN ON WEARING MY HAIR DOWN WHILE USING MTG SOON, I JUST DIDNT WANT MY HAIR LOOKING AN OILY STRINGY MESS

Back