MTG and Peppermint oil...

dcstarr

I FINALLY purchased some oil to go along with my MTG... Peppermint oil.. It smells GREAT IMO...

But... My head is ON FIRE!!! I put enough oil to dilute the smell but did I put TOO much for the sensitivity of my head?? How long does this extreme TINGLING feeling last?? :confused: ANyone else have this issue.. I love it when I get my hair washed with any kind of shampoo with mint... It tingles then I wash it out but I cant with this!

When I first added peppermint oil to my MTG my head was burning, but I thought that was a good sign. Then it became unbearable...my scalp was on SWOLE...I could barely touch my scalp and when my mom checked it - my scalp was red. I had to rinse my scalp and let it dry for a few days and add the EO's sparingly. Maybe you should rinse it out and start over.

Essential oils are potent. If you are using peppermint oil in the entire bottle, you should user maybe one ounce in the entire 32 oz. and maybe add an ounce of Rosemary. Peppermint oil is very strong.

Hi, do you ladies re-apply the MTG after every CO wash? I just started using MTG Sunday and did a CO tonight. I applied it again to my scalp. Hope that's not too often!!!

Doll said:
Hi, do you ladies re-apply the MTG after every CO wash? I just started using MTG Sunday and did a CO tonight. I applied it again to my scalp. Hope that's not too often!!!

I apply it after every co-wash, which is normally twice a week.

dcstarr said:
I FINALLY purchased some oil to go along with my MTG... Peppermint oil.. It smells GREAT IMO...

But... My head is ON FIRE!!! I put enough oil to dilute the smell but did I put TOO much for the sensitivity of my head?? How long does this extreme TINGLING feeling last?? :confused: ANyone else have this issue.. I love it when I get my hair washed with any kind of shampoo with mint... It tingles then I wash it out but I cant with this!

Seriously, if you mixed enough peppermint oil where it completely masks the MTG, then it is WAY too much. Wash that out of your hair immediately.

WARNING:peppermint cools by constricting the capillaries and needs to be used in extremely low dilutions. It is also an irritant. One or two drops in a bath is sufficient, use a 1% dilution for massage or other skin applications.
http://www.naturesgift.com/essential/descriptionp-r.htm

I put in four drops or peppermint and six drop of rosemary, not to reduce the MTG smell, but for helping enhancing blood flow when I massage.

OK well I'm going to add a little more MTG to my bottle... If feels better now since I woke up this morning and my hair smells good.. But I'm not going through lasts nights horror again... LOL

Thanks guys...

I know this is an old thread but I have a question. I just received my trial-sized 6oz. of MTG and I have Peppermint Essential Oil and I added 3 drops and it did NOTHING for masking the odor.
What is the proper ratio to dilute the smell without burning my scalp with peppermint oil?

Can I add maybe another three drops and use it and not have my head on fire? Or should I through some Rosemary Essential Oil in there to aid in masking the smell? I have Rosemary, Lavendar, Peppermint, Sweet Orange, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, and Cedarwood Essential Oils.

Back