MTG and jewlry

cutiebe2

For some reason I remember seeing that MTG might ruin your jewlry but I did a search and couldn't find any information. My jewlry box is next to my hair stuff and I have been seeing discoloration in my earrings (silver) and bracelets (gold). Is this because of the sulfur?? Can jewlry cleaner fix it or is it ruined forever:( This gold bracelet is really important and I want it to have its shine back. help me!!
TIA

cutiebe2 said:
For some reason I remember seeing that MTG might ruin your jewlry but I did a search and couldn't find any information. My jewlry box is next to my hair stuff and I have been seeing discoloration in my earrings (silver) and bracelets (gold). Is this because of the sulfur?? Can jewlry cleaner fix it or is it ruined forever:( This gold bracelet is really important and I want it to have its shine back. help me!!
TIA

yes,, the MTG will turn your silver jewelry black and make other jewelry dull and discolored but don't worry it is not permanent.you just have to use a jewelry cleaner that removes tarnish often.I use Weiman metal polish it is for brass,copper and all metals and cleans silver and gold jewelry.I just rub the jewelery with a soft cloth after coating it with the polish and the jewelry is as good as new but I do have to do it often since i still use sulfur products

Oh my gosh....great thread!! I was wearing my Tiffany sterling silver ring and MTG ruined it :( Its all my fault for not thinking before I applied the MTG. I havent had time to see if there is a concoction that will fix it but I would also love to know if anyone knows something that will fix it.

Yes. Mtg does JACK UP your jewelry! I have gone through so many pairs of earings due to them getting tarnished by MTG. I purchased some jewelry tarnishert that helps a little,

jovan787 said:
Oh my gosh....great thread!! I was wearing my Tiffany sterling silver ring and MTG ruined it :( Its all my fault for not thinking before I applied the MTG. I havent had time to see if there is a concoction that will fix it but I would also love to know if anyone knows something that will fix it.

If you're not able to polish it clean yourself, you can ALWAYS take it back to Tiffany's for it to be cleaned. I think the charge is like $10-$30, but free if you decide to make another purchase *hint**hint* :grin:

I am so glad to hear my jewlry can be salvaged. The only thing that stinks is costume jewlry. I had a pair of big black hoops and it tore the black paint right off!!!! I also had some gold costume earring and never got to wear them because all the gold stripped off. Stupid me tried to use jewlry cleaner until I realized it would work because the paint had been removed:mad:

Back