MSM users who got a change in hair texture

I didn't start noticing a real change in texture until I started taking adequate amounts of vitamin C along with my MSM. I don't remember how much MSM is in a tablespoon, but that's how much I was taking on a daily basis. Check my siggy.

Ive been taking hair/skin & nails with MSM and I havent struggled with my NG in like 3 weeks... I think there was MSM in my prenatals too... Im guessing about a month or so or however long it takes for your hair to have significant growth?

I think I just realized that the reason my hair hasnt been giving me the "itchies" I usually get when I get NG is because of the MSM... Why didnt I think of this before? :blush:I want to use more MSM like by itself, but Im afraid it will make my acne come back harder or something, since right now it really is making my skin get clearer on my face.

The only MSM that I noticed to change my texture was the Lingusil (sp?) brand. Before I finished the bottle is when I noticed the change in texture and the bottle lasted about 1.5 months. HTH!

ETA: I would take a tablespoon daily.

I took about 1/2 teaspoon a day and I think within a month, I noticed a change in texture.

Does anyone use the pill form of msm and got the same results?

I'd like to know this too. I've got the 1000 mg pills at home. I just went out and bought some vitamin C to take with it. I've been taking a multi with C in it , but I don't take it at the same time as the MSM.

So you have to take your vitamin C at the same time as the MSM to increase effectiveness? I take my mutli-vitamin in the morning and the MSM at night. I have noticed more vivid dreams that I remember, and the upper deck has been a little fuller than normal lately...I'm not sure about my hair though b/c I'm also using BT and that changed my texture already.

So you have to take your vitamin C at the same time as the MSM to increase effectiveness? I take my mutli-vitamin in the morning and the MSM at night. I have noticed more vivid dreams that I remember, and the upper deck has been a little fuller than normal lately...I'm not sure about my hair though b/c I'm also using BT and that changed my texture already.

There was a thread about vitamins that essentially said that you needed C for MSM to absorb and that you needed MSM for biotin to work properly, and that unless you want the biotin to break your skin out then you need to take a B complex vitamin with it. :perplexed I was confused about why this was, but I figured that taking a little extra vitamin C never hurt anyone so I'm trying it now.

There was a thread about vitamins that essentially said that you needed C for MSM to absorb and that you needed MSM for biotin to work properly, and that unless you want the biotin to break your skin out then you need to take a B complex vitamin with it. :perplexed I was confused about why this was, but I figured that taking a little extra vitamin C never hurt anyone so I'm trying it now.

Thanks for the tip!

I finished a whole bottle and a half of MSM and saw no change in texture. I heard bamboo silica changes texture too. Maybe I didn't use it long enough to see the change.:ohwell:

Msm does change the hair texture. I did a big chop 2 years ago and religiously took msm for the past 2 years. I permed my hair for hte first time this week and its hard to describe. My curls were looser so when i permed my hair, and it was underprocessed, the hair was still light and had movement. I wanted to go fully straight but i realize its not necessary. msm made the texture different than what i am used to. I have tightly coiled trashy hair by nature but now its so well behaved. thats the best way i can describe it.

I have been taking MSM in pill form since July. But in a matter of 3 weeks, you could tell the difference in texture. I love it.. ALL of my NG is either curly or very wavy. But I can start seeing the issues of acne. Better jump on the Vitamin C to attack the issue, cuz proactiv is not doing to well against it. I hear that if you couple MSM with Biotin...The results are GREAT!!!!

Back