MSM users HELP!! It tastes horrible!

foxxymami

Please, someone guide me. Is there less bitterness when using the crystal MSM? I tried the MSM powder once and I couldn't take the taste. I couldn't really finish the glass. And i sooo desperately want to take this regularly because I am one that has the potential to GREATLY benefit from this (less shedding, thicker strands).

So should I focus more on the form (powder or crystal) or should I really just focus on what I'm mixing with (oj, water, cranberry, etc). Can anyone recommend the best form and/or liquid to mix with? TIA!:)

I put mine in my protein shake....and I can't taste it. Or maybe try something tart like cranberry juice.

I take mine straight with water but, I've heard that cranberry juice works well also. Were you mixing a large dosage at one time? Try to split it up in small dosages (like 500mg-1000mg in 8 ounces of water/juice 2-3 times a day).

Thanks ladies. Well, I don't think I was mixing anything too large. It was only maybe 3/4 a tbs. Is that too much?

i put the crystals on a spoon fill my my mouth with orange juice pour in the msm and swallow then i down the rest of the oj that way the msm never touches my toungue there is a little aftertaste but the 2nd/3rd gulp fix all that

I take about 9,000 mg mixed in very warm or hot water. In that way the powder dissovles quickly and I don't have to use much water and can drink
it down in one small gulp. I only use about 3 oz of water, I don't think I could stand to drink it mixed with 8oz of water.

Ahhh...I think I got it now. I know what I was doing. I would mix it in a full glass of water (or liquid) and then drink it as a regular drink....meaning taking a couple of minutes to finish it off...as opposed to one big gulp! Makes perfect sense ;) ! I'll try that next time:up:

Yeah you def don't want to drink ozs or more plain.....don't know why they say its tasteless, cause it ain't....lol

1.Put the MSM in your mouth
2.Pinch your nose so you can't smell anything
3. Chase it down with a glass of water.
4. Swallow and do not open your nose until you've consumed all the MSM.

Back