MSM Taste

domniqqt

What do ya'll take to mask the taste of msm? I am taking the powder form because the pills were hhuuugggeeeee. :D What different drinks can I drink to mask that nasty taste. ugh

any kind of juice will mask the taste.

i juice carrot and apples in the morning and will throw the MSM in there. not bad...

I have a ton of orange juice in the fridge. I'm glad I joined on here because I was about to dump the bottle of msm quick.

Orange juice is a good one.. or tomato juice works for me too. Anything with Vitamin C as this aids absorption. I also add it to lemon water and the taste is only slightly bitter.

I mixed it in with some lemonade - I found that slightly tart stuff worked better than sweet stuff in totally masking the taste....

When you use water with MSM, you have to use at least 16oz of water as opposed to a mug which holds about 6-8oz. Water is all it takes to mask it but you have to use enough water.

Thanks for the different ideas on what to take to mask the taste. I tried drinking it with the orange juice and it helped a whole lot. Thanks so much. :)

keluric said:
Orange juice is a good one.. or tomato juice works for me too. Anything with Vitamin C as this aids absorption. I also add it to lemon water and the taste is only slightly bitter.

I add it to lemon water as well. I also add a little granulated Stevia powder (natural herbal sweetener) to cut the bitterness. I actually do take the MSM "straight" with water sometimes - I just drink it quickly.

Crystal Light works wonders. I stole the idea that from somebody here and never looked back.

My fav is apple juice. You absolutely can't taste it. It's bearable. Or try it with tap water (not too cold) i find it easier to go down than with cold water. and the good news is it'll grow on you...I drink it daily with water and it's hard to tell if its in there or not....

When I was taking it I would mix it with tea or carrot juice, but mixing it with coffee was my staple. I couldn't taste even a hint of it that way. But maybe that's just because I use so much creamer... :grin:

Back