MSM pump it or dump it?

atlien

Hey wuz up LHCF, I have read alot on the discussion board about vitamins and MSM. Does MSM really make your hair grow? I heard that it breaks you out also. Sisters respond..if it broke you out holla..if it made your hair grow holla...if it didn't do anything at all holla
orders.gif

do a search on the bazillion MSM threads. it use and it works for me. its best to stagger trying vits. so yo know what works in what fashion and what doesn't. i staggered using castor oil, surge, biotin and MSM and now i know what does what.

I've been using MSM for a little over a month. Its good for a light detox but I have not noticed significant hair growth...I guess I need to use it for a couple more months to see growth.

I've been w/msm off and on for the past 3 years, I can't say it made my hair grow a lot faster but there was an increase. Also, the texture of my hair is DEFINITELY BETTER when I'm taking it than when I'm not.

I primarily take it for joint pain from weight training training. Even if my hair didn't grow faster, I'd still take it for that one reason alone.

I've been taking it for about 1 month now and I can't say whether or not my hair texture has changed yet. I'm just being to let my relaxer grow out and I currently have braids. I don't know the reg. texture of my hair so it's hard for me to say whether or not it works. It will be interesting to find out because I take it faithfully everyday.

PUMP IT!!! I've been on msm for about 3 weeks now, and I love what it's doing to my hair. It's growing in in perfect little cork screws, and it's sooooo soft and managable. I love this stuff...that reminds me, gotta go take it now. I haven't had any problems with breakouts... 2 thumbs waaay up
up.gif
up.gif

PUmp it..it depends on the brand..i am loving trimedica, the otheres did really nothing...new growth wavy and lose...faster hair growth

I noticed more corkscrew definition in my new growth after taking MSM for the past ~6 months. Was the new growth always such and I am only just now noticing, or is it a result of the MSM? I dunno. Those corkscrews are still heck to straighten with Affirm mild lye, though.

NOTHING that I've tried (B5, biotin, MSM) has beefed up the texture of my hair. The individual strands are just as fine as ever.

Whoa!
shocked.gif
Megonw, I'm lovin' your hair!

You said that you found it hard to straighten your corkscrews with Affirm mild? Do tell! I've noticed corkscrews too with MSM use. Bantu mild didn't really straighten my new growth and it's stronger than Affirm! I just bought a big tub of Affirm fiberguard mild for my next touch-up. Do you comb it through the new growth?

Oh yeah, MSM -- pump it, but when I switched from pills to powder I got headaches if I used too much!

[ QUOTE ]
L.Mo. said:
Whoa!
shocked.gif
Megonw, I'm lovin' your hair!

You said that you found it hard to straighten your corkscrews with Affirm mild? Do tell! I've noticed corkscrews too with MSM use. Bantu mild didn't really straighten my new growth and it's stronger than Affirm! I just bought a big tub of Affirm fiberguard mild for my next touch-up. Do you comb it through the new growth?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the compliment. I'm flattered!
blush.gif

My stylist combs Affirm mild lye through the new growth for 17 minutes. As soon as I wet and airdry my hair, the ringlets return. I'm OK with that, so I don't insist that he relax it entirely straight. He tried Affirm mild regular once, and that was LESS effective than the mild! Better to stick to the mild relaxer and vary the application time as needed.

I use the Vitamin Shoppe MSM. I take a heaping teaspoon with juice at breakfast and dinner (on the days that I remember to take it).

I took MSM maybe 7 times, and I think I notice more corkscrews. I definitely noticed the break outs! I've stopped for now.
laugh.gif

PUMP, PUMP, PUMP it up!!! I take Vitamin Shoppe Opti MSM powder. I take a half teaspoon in orange juice 2x daily. I didn't have any major breakouts and I've been on it for 3 months. (I drink more than 64 ounces of water per day maybe that's why) I notice the change in my new growth and it was thicker. I did get 1 inch in 1 month. I can't say it was all the msm because I take other supplements too. I take all of my supplements for 3 straight weeks and I take off a week and start again. I went 12 weeks between touch ups and had 2.5 inches of new growth. (I measured my hair after the touch up)

I use vitamin shoppe msm too. 1/2 teaspoon twice a day when I took a full teaspoon it was too bitter to drink. a half and you can't taste it. It has definitely made my hair softer. I'm loving it (like a McDonalds commercial)

I just wanted to say, When I was talking Liquid MSM, 500mg a daily for several months, my hair was not shedding much at all, when it was growing, and When I got my hair pressed, I lost close too no hairs at all, which made me realize it was working, I really did not know that much about MSM, I dont know y I choose to buy it, but I did , its something too keep
smile.gif
, I have the Vitamin shoppe MSM, and I just started back taking it, I wanted too know, How is liquid MSM made, and if Vitamin Shoppe is a good brand too buy again, I dont get any detox from it, even when I took up too 10,000mg, or more, I wanted it too detox me but no
ohwell.gif

MSM, I guess it works depending on one's body chemistry. Well it didn't work with mine! it produced a thick white substance around my hair line and made me itch like crazy! Some said it was because my body was detoxing but I don't think I could do that again!
nono.gif

PUMP IT, the Nature's Way Hair and Skin vitamins I'm taking have MSM and Glucomsomin Chondrotin, and I'm also taking MSM alone, I've noticed my new growith is softer and easier to manage....so girl PUMP IT UP!!

[ QUOTE ]
Cat_Eyed_Cutie said:
PUMP IT!!! I've been on msm for about 3 weeks now, and I love what it's doing to my hair. It's growing in in perfect little cork screws, and it's sooooo soft and managable. I love this stuff...that reminds me, gotta go take it now. I haven't had any problems with breakouts... 2 thumbs waaay up
up.gif
up.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How much to you use ?

Pump it! With MSM, my hair grows faster, appears thicker, and feels softer as it grows in. I take 750mg of powdered MSM each day with orange juice.

Back